Black Friday is a unique time of year, because it’s time when people are running around and buying things for both themselves and for other people. You’ll see someone standing in line at Target buying a charcoal grill and a load of baby toys. Certain things are typically bought on Black Friday with the intention of being gifted, like toys and jewelry. Other things are typically bought on Black Friday with the intention of being personally kept, like clothes and televisions. Game consoles are one of those unique items that are often both.
Whether you’re looking to buy one for yourself or buy one as a gift, you’ve probably recently determined that the PlayStation 4 is kind of expensive. The console itself is already pricey, but that price only increases when you account for additional purchases like controllers and games. Luckily, Black Friday allows people to buy these kinds of things at a significant discount. In this article, I’m going to be going over some of the most impressive PlayStation-related deals that are being offered to Black Friday shoppers this year. Without further delay, let’s take a closer look at some of this stuff!
PlayStation 4 Console Bundles:
- From Kohl’s: 500 GB Sony PlayStation 4 Slim Uncharted 4 Bundle for $249.99. This bundle includes a 500 GB PlayStation 4 Slim console, a controller, and a copy of Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End. However, the real kicker to this deal is that it also comes with $75 in Kohl’s Cash, which is basically a Kohl’s gift card. This is arguably the best deal that you can get for a PlayStation 4 console anywhere on Black Friday.
- From Best Buy: Sony PlayStation 4 Console Uncharted 4 Bundle + 2 Free Games for $249.99. Best Buy does something a little different to sweeten the pot for its shoppers. Along with the standard bundle (which includes a console, controller, and game) this one also comes with 2 free copies of The Last of Us Remastered AND Ratchet and Clank.
- From Rakuten: Sony PlayStation 4 Slim 500 GB Console Uncharted 4 Bundle for $229.99. As you will find if you do more research into this topic, $249.99 is the apparent standard price for PS4 bundles during this Black Friday. This Rakuten deal is nice, because you end up saving an additional $20 that you wouldn’t be able to save somewhere else.
- From Meijer: PlayStation 4 500 GB Uncharted Console Bundle + $50 Coupon for Next Trip for $249.99. This deal is similar to the deal being offered by Kohl’s, except in this case, you’re only receiving a $50 coupon. Not only that, but this coupon can only be applied to your next trip to Meijer. Still, it’s good for someone who is thinking about stopping by this store anyway on Black Friday.
PlayStation 4 Accessories:
- From Best Buy: Sony PlayStation Camera for PlayStation 4 for $29.99. If you ever bought a PlayStation Move back when the PlayStation 3 was a thing, then you’re probably familiar with Sony’s camera products. This is an improved version, designed specifically for the most recent console. You’re saving $30 here, so it’s almost too good to resist.
- From GameStop: T80 PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 Racing Wheel for $89.99. Racing games are popular. You may like playing racing games normally, but I can tell you from personal experience that using a racing wheel instead of a typical controller changes the experience entirely. This is a great gift for any racing game fan, and this is actually a great deal for it.
- From Best Buy: Sony Gold Wireless Stereo headset for PS4 and PS3 for $59.99, which is $40 off. A lot of different companies sell headsets meant for use alongside a console. This is actually a Sony licensed headset, meaning that it was made by PlayStation specifically for the PlayStation. You can’t get much better than that.
- From Target: PS4 DualShock Wireless Controller for $39.99. Perhaps the greatest drawback of owning a console is the fact that controllers are so expensive to replace. You can buy a knockoff, sure, but they typically don’t last as long as an official one. This is an official controller, and the $20 discount here makes the cost a lot easier to swallow.
PlayStation 4 Games:
- From Walmart: Select Video Games for $35 each. A lot of people consider this to be Walmart’s best video game-related deal of Black Friday, and I’m inclined to agree. At this price point, you can pick up brand new copies of games like Rise of the Tomb Raider, Overwatch: Origins Edition, Bioshock: The Collection, Mafia III, Destiny – The Collection, and a lot more. Considering that these games cost upwards of $60 normally, this is a fantastic deal.
- From Target: Select Video Games for $15 each. Is $35 for a game too rich for your blood? If so, this special from Target is for you. Games eligible for this deal include the likes of Street Fighter V, Fallout 4, Far Cry Primal, Until Dawn, Bloodborne, and more. Bloodborne is admittedly an older game, but this is one of the better deals for Fallout 4 that I’ve ever seen. All around, this is a solid offer.
- From GameStop: Select Pre-Owned Games any 3 for $20. If you don’t consider yourself above buying pre-owned video games, then this is a real standout. This deal includes games like Far Cry 4, Assassin’s Creed: Unity, Watch Dogs, Batman: Arkham Knight, NBA 2K16, Star Wars: Battlefront, Dragon age Inquisition, and a whole lot more. This great deal is a good opportunity to add to your collection, even if you already own a PlayStation 4!
- From Best Buy: Select Video Games for $20 each. I’ve always believed that $20 is the perfect price for a AAA video game, and so this deal from Best Buy is one of my personal favorites. This deal includes games like Dark Souls III, Star Wars: Battlefront Ultimate Edition, DOOM, Mortal Kombat XL, Mirror’s Edge Catalyst, and a lot more. Some of these games are a must-buy at this price (I’m looking at you, DOOM) so I think that this is a good special for someone looking to pay mid-tier prices for some top-tier titles.
As you can see, whether you’re a prospective or current PlayStation 4 owner, there are a wealth of options available to you on Black Friday. This particular console is currently at kind of a sweet spot in terms of pricing. It’s new enough to where you actually want to buy it, but it’s old enough to where retailers are willing to sell it at a large discount. If you’re looking for a deal on consoles, I think that Kohl’s and Best Buy are your best bets. However, in terms of games, it seems like Walmart, Target, and GameStop are definitive kings.
Due to the popularity of this system, however, I think that you could go to just about any big box store on Black Friday and emerge with a good deal on the PlayStation 4. The standard discount this year seems to be $250 for a bundle, which honestly isn’t bad. When it comes to making this kind of purchasing decision, part of it is comparing deals like this, but a larger part is taking a look at your own personal situation and determining what is right for you. Regardless as to what you decide to do for Black Friday this year, I hope that you find what it is that you’re looking for!