Are you looking for an Xbox One on Black Friday?
As the holiday season comes closer and closer, we take advantage of Black Friday to help us grab cross some gifts off of our holiday shopping lists. One of the more commonly wished for gifts during the holiday season is a gaming console, and the Xbox One is one of the more popular gaming consoles in the world. However, the Xbox One can be expensive, and when you add up the cost of peripherals (like headsets and controllers) and games, the cost is almost too great. That’s where Black Friday comes in.
If you’re looking to pick up a new Xbox One, or even just some new Xbox One games, you’ll be happy to know that several retailers are offering a wide range of generous discounts to help you get what you need without having to break the bank. In this article, I’ll talk about some of the best Xbox One related deals that are being offered during Black Friday this year. I’ll do my best to cover everything, from consoles to accessories to games. Without further ado, let’s take a closer look at some of these bargains!
Xbox One Console Bundles:
- From Target: Xbox One S 500 GB Battlefield 1 or Minecraft Bundle for $249.99. This bundle gives you the chance to buy a 500 GB Xbox One S bundled with your choice of Battlefield 1 or Minecraft. This deal is great because it also comes with a $40 Target gift card.
- From GameStop: Xbox One S 1 TB Gears of War 4 Bundle for $299.99. You’re paying more than for other bundles, but consider the 500 GB increase in storage. This bundle comes with a console, controller, and copy of Gears of War 4 for Xbox One and Windows 10.
- From Dell: Xbox One S 500 GB Battlefield 1 Bundle + Gears of War 4 + an additional Xbox One Wireless Controller for $249.99. I mentioned before that peripherals and games can make a console purchase expensive. This bundle from Dell takes care of both of those issues!
- From Kohl’s: 500 GB Microsoft Xbox One S Minecraft Bundle + $75 Kohl’s Cash for $249.99. This deal is similar to Target’s, in that you’re receiving a 500 GB Xbox One S and a free game. In this instance, you also get a $75 Kohl’s Cash gift card.
- From Best Buy: Xbox One S 1 TB Battlefield 1 Special edition Console Bundle for $299.99. This deal may not seem all that special at first glance, but Best Buy is also running a promotion that allows you to pick up a free wireless controller with the purchase of any Xbox One S 1 TB console. Savings galore!
Xbox One Accessories:
- From GameStop: 8 Piece Advanced Gaming Xbox One Gamer’s Accessory Kit for $39.99. This ultimate kit is a must-have for any Xbox One owner, and it comes with a headset, power dock, joystick caps, a 10″ charge cable, and more.
- From Microsoft: Xbox One Special Edition Wireless Controller for $39.99. As most gamers know, controllers can be expensive. Luckily, Microsoft is knocking $30 off of its Special Edition Wireless controllers in celebration of Black Friday. I highly recommend taking advantage of this if you’re in the market for a controller, or if you think you will be.
- From Dollar General: Xbox Live Gold 3 Month Membership Card for $12.49. Of course, if you want to play online with your Xbox One, you’re also going to want to have Xbox Live. This deal from Dollar General lets you purchase a 3 month subscription for less than $13, which is a pretty great deal considering all of the perks that Xbox Live Gold members receive.
- From Microsoft: Xbox One Wireless Controller with Play & Charge Kit for $39.99. Do you prefer Xbox One’s old controller over their new one? This controller costs the same as the previous deal, except this one also comes with a play & charge kit.
- From Best Buy: Turtle Beach Ear Force XO One Wired Stereo Gaming Headset for $39.99. If you plan on doing any online gaming with your new console, odds are, you’re going to want to be able to talk to your teammates. Turtle Beach is thought to be one of the best gaming headset manufacturers out there, and this deal lets you pick one up on the cheap.
Xbox One Games:
- From Target: Select Xbox One Games at $29.99 and $25 each. It’s Target’s turn to get into the fray, and they have some impressive offerings for Xbox One owners (or prospective owners). Pick up games like Gears of War 4 ($29.99), Grand Theft Auto V ($29.99), Mafia III ($29.99), Doom ($25), The Elder Scrolls Online Gold Edition ($25), Dark Souls III ($25), The Division ($25), and a lot more.
- From Best Buy: Overwatch Origins Edition for Xbox One for $34.99. Overwatch has been arguably the most talked about first-person shooter to release in 2016, and the odds are good that you know someone who has played it. For $34.99, picking up this special edition has never been more tempting.
- From Best Buy: Fallout for Xbox One for $19.99. Fallout 4’s reception hasn’t been as universally positive as Overwatch’s, but I think that many people would agree that you need to own at least one Bethesda game on every console that you own. This isn’t a bad price for Fallout 4, and if you don’t own this game already, now is a good time to nab it.
- From GameStop: Any 3 for $20 on select Xbox One titles. If you aren’t above buying preowned games, then this discount is pretty much a can’t-miss. Select titles include the likes of Titanfall, The Evil Within, Watch Dogs, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Assassin’s Creed: Unity, The Lego Movie Videogame, and others. This is a great chance to grab some highly praised AAA games at a wallet-friendly price.
- From Walmart: Select Video Games for $27. Walmart has always been known for their phenomenal Black Friday deals. With this one, you can grab the likes of Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, NBA 2K17, FIFA 17, Madden NFL 17, and WWE 2K17 for just $27 each! These are some relatively new titles, so I think that even long-time Xbox owners may want to take a look at this one!
As you can see, there are plenty of options out there for anyone looking to pick up an Xbox One (or Xbox-related accessories) on Black Friday this year. It’s just a matter of figuring out what you want, and where you want to get it from! If you visit a place like GameStop or Best Buy on Black Friday, you’ll be able to get a wider variety of things, but if you go somewhere like Microsoft you have a chance of taking advantage of smaller, more specialized deals. At the end of the day, though, it really just boils down to personal preference!
It seems like whenever you pick up a new console, another one comes out just a short while later. Sales like these give us the chance to stay ahead of the game (no pun intended) by helping us stock up on the latest tech at an affordable price. This year, it seems like it’s no different. I hope you get what you’re looking for out of your Black Friday this year!