New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski is one of the most popular football players. He has a cool touchdown celebration and has appeared in a few magazine covers. He is also really good at scoring and is currently one of the best at TE. Now we’ll see him at video game stores as EA has just announced that he is the cover athlete for Madden 17.
For previous games, the company had chosen the cover athlete through a voting process. But this time, EA chose the cover athlete.
Rob Gronkowski has been in the NFL for just six years, but his stats are amazing. He has already won a Super Bowl and could compete in a few more if the Patriots keep playing like they have in the last few years. Gronk has 65 touchdowns in his NFL career, here are other facts and stats:
- Gronk scored four touchdowns in his first NFL preseason.
- In Week 10 of his first season, he caught three touchdowns. He was the first Patriots rookie and youngest NFL rookie in history to do this. Gronk finished with ten touchdowns in his first season.
- In his second season, he finished with 18 touchdowns, one of them was a rushing touchdown, the first in Patriots history.
- He holds the record for most touchdown receptions and most touchdowns by a tight end in a season.
- Gronk is the first tight end to have three seasons with ten or more touchdowns and 1,000 or more receiving yards.
- He also became the first tight end to lead the league in receiving touchdowns. This was done in the 2011 season.
- Gronk revealed in his book that he has not spent any of the money earned from his NFL salary. He has signed deals with a number of companies. In his book, he also revealed that he lives off the money earned through the endorsement deals.
- In 2012, Gronkowski signed a six-year, $54 million contract extension.
- Gronk has 5,555 receiving yards in his NFL career.
Madden 17 is just a few months away and fans can’t wait to see what EA has added and improved for the popular football game.