The Apple Watch was released 15 months ago and users were waiting for the next version of this smartwatch. Yesterday, Apple Watch users got all the details about the Apple Watch Series 2 and they won’t have to wait long as pre-order starts tomorrow. Like the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, the second generation of the Apple Watch comes with a number of improvements. Here are some of the key features that the next Apple Watch will bring when it is released soon:
- The Apple Watch Series 2 comes with a big change in the display as Apple has said that the new screen is much brighter than the previous version.
- Love swimming with your watches? Well, the next Apple Watch won’t have any problems with that as it is water resistant up to 50 meters, which is around 164 feet. The watch has two new workout modes in its app, open water swim and pool swim. A big improvement over the first release as that one was only splash proof.
- The tech giant also unveiled the white ceramic case Apple Watch Series 2, which starts at $1,249. Last year, the company released a super expensive gold version, which started at $10,000.
- The Apple Watch Series 2 has a dual-core processor like the previous version but the difference is that it comes with Apple’s new S2 chip.
- The Apple Watch Series 2 will also feature a built-in GPS, which means that users can now track their runs and use other apps that require GPS.
- Apple also partnered with Nike to release the Apple Watch Nike+ edition. The Nike Apple Watch comes in four colors and has a different strap. This version of the watch will be available late October.
- The company also has the Apple Watch Hermès, which will be available on September 23. This version of the Apple Watch starts at $1499.
The company will also be releasing an updated Apple Watch, which will be called the Apple Watch Series 1. The updated Apple Watch comes with the same processor of the Apple Watch Series 2. The price of the watch is $269. Pre-orders for the Apple Watch Series 2 start on September 9 and the release date is on September 16. The Apple Watch Series 2 price is $369.
What do you think about the Apple Watch Series 2? Let us know in the comments.