Black Friday is a chance for everyone to get that one piece of tech that they’ve always been eyeing. Although they aren’t as trendy as they used to be, Blu-Ray Players have ascended to “mandatory owning” status these days. Blu-Ray disks are considered the golden standard when it comes to watching movies at home, and you obviously need a Blu-Ray player to watch them. Although most modern game consoles contain the hardware required to play these discs, who wants to spend $350 just to watch movies?
In this article, I’m going to discuss some of the best Black Friday Blu-Ray Player deals. I’ll talk about where you need to go to take advantage of these deals, and I’ll also mention some nice Blu-Ray player bundles. Not only that, but I’ll also provide you with some information as to where you can go to buy some actual movies to watch with your new Blu-Ray player! I hope that by the end of this article, you feel a little bit more informed and a little bit more prepared in your Blu-Ray player shopping during Black Friday this year! With that out of the way, I think that it’s about time to take a closer look at some of these deals.
Samsung Blu-Ray Player Deals:
- From Kohl’s: Samsung Blu-Ray Player with built-in Wi-Fi for $49.99. This device usually costs $99.99, so this is actually a pretty good deal. Plus, it’s important to keep in mind that Kohl’s is actually doing a storewide promotion on Black Friday where you can get $15 in Kohl’s Cash for every $50 that you spend.
- From Walmart: Samsung 4K Upscaling Blu-Ray Disc Player for $79, which is $40 off of their standard price. This Blu-Ray player does a lot of things. First of all, it lets you play Blu-Ray movies, obviously. The Wi-Fi capabilities allow for streaming. Finally, it’s also able to convert Blu-Ray to 4K, which makes for an even more high definition experience.
- From Best Buy: Samsung Smart Curved Blu-Ray Player with Built-in Wi-Fi for $49.99, or $50 off. It seems like Samsung couldn’t just stop at curved televisions, huh? This unique looking Blu-Ray player won’t just play movies — it will also let you stream from services like YouTube, Netflix, and Pandora.
- From hhgregg: Samsung UBDK8500 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player for $199.99. This may seem expensive for what you’re buying, but consider that it’s actually 50% off. This Blu-Ray player is capable of playing 4K video (without upscaling like the one mentioned in the Walmart deal) and streaming across a variety of streaming services. Seems almost too good to be true!
Sony/LG/Sanyo Blu-Ray Player Deals:
- From Best Buy: Sony BDP-S3700 Streaming Wi-Fi Blu-Ray Player for $49.99. This deal saves you a whopping $70, and like the other players I’ve mentioned, includes built-in streaming capabilities. This definitely has potential to be a home theater centerpiece, in the right household.
- From Target: Sony 2D Wi-Fi Blu-Ray Player for $49.99. Like the previous machine, this is $70 off. The player is capable of connecting to the Internet in order to provide you with a healthy heaping portion of in-home streaming to go with your Blu-Ray viewing experience.
- From Mills Fleet Farm: LG Blu-Ray/DVD Player for $69.99. This isn’t really as fancy as some of the other Blu-Ray players that I’ve already mentioned, but it should fulfill the purposes of anyone looking to play their physical media in stunning clarity. If you live near one of these stores, try to see if you can get your hands on this one!
- From Walmart: Sanyo Blu-Ray Disc Player for $39.00. Again, there aren’t any real bells or whistles to speak of with this Blu-Ray player, but it gets the job done. You’re saving $11.47 with this deal, too, so all around this is a deal to write home about.
Blu-Ray Player Bundles:
- From hhgregg: 55″ LG 55UH6030 4K HDR Ultra HD webOS 3.0 Smart TV + Free LG BP165 Blu-Ray Player for $499.99. Alright, so maybe you want to buy a Blu-Ray player, but you don’t actually have a television to play your new movies on. This very thrifty bundle takes care of that issue for you.
- From Best Buy: Samsung UBD-K8500 4K Ultra HD Wi-Fi Blu-Ray Player + $10 Best Buy Gift Card for $199.99. Again, we have a Blu-Ray Player that boasts all of the fixings. You have standard functionality along with 4K capabilities and the option of in-home streaming. The added $10 gift card is a nice bonus, too.
- From Best Buy: Samsung 4 Series 500W 5.1-CH. 3D Smart Blu-Ray Home Theater System for $149.99. If you’re one of those people whose “home theater” consists of an old TV on top of a coffee table, then this deal is perfect for you. You get a great Blu-Ray player alongside some high quality audio equipment, giving you all the tools that you need to create the home theater set-up of your dreams.
Blu-Ray Movie Deals:
- From Walmart: Select Blu-Ray Movies for $9.96 each. This incredible deal includes movies like Ghostbusters (2016), Now You See Me 2, X-Men: Apocalypse, Deadpool, Zootopia, Fifty Shades of Grey, Hardcore Henry, Kung Fu Panad 3, Minions, Gods of Egypt, The Conjuring 2, and a whole lot more. This one is what I call a “can’t miss”.
- From Best Buy: Select 4K Blu-Ray Movies for $17.99 each. This extreme high definition collection includes the likes of Chappie, Deadpool, Gods of Egypt, Kingsman: The Secret Service, Pacific Rim, The LEGO Movie, The Martian, X-Men: First Class, and Divergent Series: Allegiant, among others. These movies are more expensive, but you have to consider the incredible picture quality that you’re paying for here.
- From Target: Select Blu-Ray Movies for $6 each. Some of these films are a little older, but at this price, it’s not something worth complaining about. Eligible titles include American Sniper, The Hateful Eight, The Martian, The Revenant, The Nice Guys, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay part 2, and Central Intelligence. And yes, there are others, too. If you’re on a tight budget, this deal gives you a chance to pick up some great titles at a low price.
As you can see, there are plenty of options out there for people looking to pick up a new Blu-Ray Player this year. Whether you’re looking to add to your collection or buy your first, I think that these deals are well-suited to help you get there. Big box stores like Walmart and Target are offering some impressive deals on Blu-Ray movies, but Best Buy seems to have both movies and a ton of different players available.
However, it’s really just a matter of personal choice on your part. I don’t think that you can go wrong with any of these players or movies, it’s just a matter of what you want and how much you’re willing to pay. Black Friday can sometimes feel like you’re being railroaded into a purchasing decision, but when you lay it out like this, there are actually a lot of options. Regardless as to what you actually decide to buy, I hope that you’re able to find what you’re looking for on Black Friday this year!