One of the more frequently discounted items during Black Friday is the laptop. They’re small, easily portable, and generally inexpensive, which makes them perfect for gift giving. However, as a consequence of their smaller form factor, laptops are not always as powerful as a traditional desktop computer. They be a little unwieldy, but their size allows them to store much more powerful hardware than the average laptop. As a result of this, desktop computers can sometimes be more expensive.
Luckily, Black Friday is the time when that isn’t as much of an issue. Retailers across the country are going to be offering deep discounts across a wide variety of different desktop computers. In this article, I’m going to talk a little bit about some of the best desktop computer deals that are being offered to shoppers during the 2016 Black Friday sales. I’ll try to cover deals across multiple price points, just to ensure that everyone find the exact computer that matches their needs and their budget. Without further ado, it’s time to take a look at some of these Black Friday tech deals!
HP Desktop Computer Deals:
- From Office Depot: HP 510-P020 Pavilion Desktop Computer for $359.99. This mid-tier desktop computer is powered by an Intel Core i5 Proccesor, 8 GB of RAM, a 1 TB hard drive, and Windows 10. For $220 off of regular price, this is as good as it gets!
- From HP: HP Z840 Workstation for $879.99. This may seem expensive, but consider that you’re saving a whopping $2620! This is powered by an Intel Xeon E5-2620v3 processor, 16 GB RAM, and a 1 TB hard drive.
- From Best Buy: HP Pavilion Desktop for $499.99. Looking for an HP desktop computer with a little more oomph? This desktop contains an Intel Core i7 Processor, 12 GB of RAM, and a 2 TB hard drive. You’re saving $300 on this deal.
- From Staples: HP Desktop PC for $279.99. The most budget-friendly HP desktop on this list, this one uses an Intel Core i3 Processor, 8 GB of RAM, and a 1 TB hard drive. It may not be as strong as some of the others, but it’s a lot cheaper!
Dell Desktop Computer Deals:
- From Dell: Dell Inspiron Desktop for $429.00. This relatively powerful rig comes with all of the fixings. It’s powered by a 6th Gen Intel Core i5 Processor, 12 GB of RAM, a 1 TB hard drive, Windows 7 Pro (with a Windows 10 Pro License) and 1 year of ProSupport.
- From Staples: Dell Touch-Screen Desktop PC for $699.99. Some people may think that touchscreens are just for laptops or tablets. They would be wrong. This all-in-one features a 23.8″ screen, an Intel Core i5 Processor, 8 GB of RAM, a 1 TB hard drive, and Windows 10.
- From Dell: Dell Inspiron Desktop + 24″ Monitor for $479.99. This particular deal actually bundles a monitor along with the tower! The tower contains a 6th Gen Intel Core i5 Processor, 12 GB of RAM, a 1 TB hard drive, and Windows 10.
- From Dell: Dell Inspiron Desktop for $299.99. One of the more affordable Dell desktops being offered this year, this computer is powered by an AMD A10 Quad-Core CPU, 8 GB of RAM, a 1 TB hard drive, and Windows 10.
Lenovo Desktop Computer Deals:
- From Best Buy: Lenovo Desktop + Lenovo 23″ IPS Monitor for $399.98. Again, a very convenient bundle that sells you a monitor along with the computer tower. The desktop itself is powered by an Intel Core i5 Processor, so you don’t have to worry about performance here.
- From Newegg: Lenovo ThinkCentre M800 10FY0018US Desktop Computer for $399.99, which is $280 off of its sticker price. This powerful, budget-friendly rig is powered by a 6th gen Intel Core i5 Processor, 8 GB of RAM, a 1 TB hard drive, and Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit.
- From Office Depot: Lenovo H50 Desktop PC for $499.99. Do you want to buy a desktop for some use in light gaming? This rig includes an AMD FX Gaming Processor, 16 GB of RAM, a 2 TB hard drive, and a 2 GB dedicated graphics card.
- From Lenovo: Lenovo ThinkCentre M700 Desktop for $300.30. What sets this particular computer apart is its form factor — it’s tiny! This small size makes this business-ready desktop perfect for tight spaces or on-the-go use.
Alienware Desktop Computer Deals:
- From Dell: Alienware Aurora Desktop for $1,199.99. This gaming-ready rig is packed with some powerful hardware, including an Intel Core i7 Processor, 15 GB of RAM, a 1 TB hard drive, and an 8 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX1070 GC. It uses Windows 10, as well.
- From Dell: Alienware Aurora Desktop for $999.99. If you want a desktop that’s a little cheaper than the previous, look no further. This desktop is powered by a 6th gen Intel Core i5 Processor, 8 GB of RAM, a 1 TB hard drive, and an NVIDIA GeForce 8 GB GTX 1070.
- From GameStop: Alienware Steam Machine for $224.99. Do you plan on using your Alienware desktop for gaming exclusively? Steam machines like this one make that easy for you. This inexpensive, console-esque device is powered by an Intel Core i3 Processor, 4 GB of RAM, and a 500 GB hard drive.
- From GameStop: Alienware Steam Machine for $374.99. Was that last Steam machine not up your alley? Give this one a shot. This higher end Steam machine uses an Intel Core i7 Processor, 8 GB of RAM, and a 1 TB hard drive to deliver a powerful and stable gaming experience.
CyberPower Desktop Computer Deals:
- From Micro Center: CyberPower PC Gamer Xtreme GXiVR4000M Desktop for $749.99. Another gaming ready PC, this powerful rig contains an Intel Core i5-6402P processor, an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060, 8 GB of RAM, and a 1 TB hard drive. Available in-store only.
- From Newegg: CyberPower PC Desktop Computer SYBER M VR350 for $899.99. This ultra-powerful gaming PC is powered by some intense hardware, including a 6th gen Intel Core i7 Processor, 8 GB of DDR4 RAM, a 2 TB hard drive, a 120 GB SSD, and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060.
- From Best Buy: Cyber Power PC Gamer Ultra Desktop for $599.99. This more budget-friendly PC build contains an AMD FX Black Edition Series processor, 8 GB of RAM, and an AMD Radeon 480 4 GB graphics card. Considering the $100 discount here, this is a pretty good deal!
- From BJ’s Wholesale Club: CyberPower PC Game Xtreme Desktop Computer for $979.99. This relatively mid-tier gaming desktop contains an Intel Core i7 Processor, 16 GB of RAM, a 120 GB SSD, and a 6 GB dedicated graphics card.
As you can see, there are plenty of options out there for someone looking to pick up a desktop computer on Black Friday. Whether you want to shop online or in-store, there are enough retailers here that I think that you can afford to be a little picky. Obvious, specialized stores like Newegg and Micro Center are selling a ton of different computers, but keep in mind that big box stores like Best Buy are also good for Black Friday desktop computers. Big box stores may be a bit more crowded, but they also make it to where you can pick up multiple things in the same place. (For example, if you bought a desktop off of HP, you might want to go somewhere else to buy the keyboard and mouse along with it.)
Regardless as to where you decide to shop, I think that people of any budget should be able to find a high quality desktop computer during Black Friday this year. It’s just a matter of knowing what you need and how much you want to spend to get there. Although not all deals are made equal, I think that in this case, you can’t really go wrong no matter where you go. There’s not a bad desktop in the bunch here. I hope that, with the help of this article, you’re able to get everything that you need out of your desktop computer Black Friday shopping this year!