Black Friday is a time to come together with your loved ones and take advantage of some fantastic deals. It gives us the chance to buy things that we wouldn’t normally be able to buy, like big flatscreen televisions, game consoles, jewelry, and a lot more. In this article, I’m going to be narrowing my focus onto a single piece of tech: the external hard drive. External hard drives are great, because they’re a relatively simple way to upgrade the storage space on your computer. Basically, you plug them in, and you have a lot more storage than you had before. It’s as easy as that!
However, despite their ease of use, external hard drives can be sort of expensive. Internal hard drive storage is fairly cheap, but external hard drives can occasionally be more pricey. Luckily, Black Friday takes care a lot of that issue. In this article, I’m going to be talking a little bit about some of the best Black Friday deals pertaining to external hard drives that are currently available to shoppers. I will try to cover hard drives across a wide range of sizes, prices, brands, and retailers. Anyway, now that all of that is out of the way, let’s inspect some of these tech deals!
External Hard Drive Deals:
- From Newegg: 8 TB Seagate Expansion STEB8000100 3.5″ Desktop USB 3.0 External Hard Drive for $169.99. You’re saving a total of $70 on this product, which means that you’re paying a lot less than you would normally. 8 TB is a ton of space, which makes this hard drive well suited for storing media.
- From Frys: Toshiba 3 TB Canvio for Desktop External Hard Drive for $68.00. You save over $46 with this deal, on a high quality 3 TB Toshiba hard drive that is compatible with various local and cloud-based backup options. This deal is a real doorbuster, so make sure that you’re standing in line early if you want to get your hands on this one.
- From Newegg: 4 TB Western Digital My Passport Ultra WDBBKD0040BBK-NESN USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive for $119.99. I know what you’re thinking. This is a lot more for just an additional terabyte, compared to the 3 TB drive deal from before! This is a My Passport hard drive, which means it’s significantly smaller and more portable than the previous drives that have been discussed. Definitely worth your money.
- From Staples: 2 TB Seagate Backup Plus Slim Portable Hard Drive with Free 200 GB OneDrive Cloud Storage for $69.99. This is a deal that I really like, because you’re getting a nice and portable slim hard drive along with 200 GB of cloud storage. If storage is what you’re looking to upgrade during Black Friday this year, then I think that this is the deal for you!
- From Staples: 4 TB Seagate Backup Plus Slim Portable Hard Drive with Free 200 GB One Drive Cloud Storage for $109.99, which is $20 off. This gives you the same OneDrive storage from before, except this bundle is paired with a Backup Plus Slim hard drive that is twice as large as the previous. I really like the flexibility of these Black Friday deals from Staples.
- From Office Depot: 4 TB Western Digital My Book External Hard Drive for $109.99. While My Passport is a Western Digital product that is known for being slim and easily portable, the My Book is significantly larger and thicker. (Fitting names for products of two very different sizes!) Still, there’s no reason to pass up this kind of storage, especially at a $60 discount.
- From Micro Center: Seagate Backup Plus Slim Ultra 2 TB Portable External Hard Drive STEH2000101 for $94.99. This deal from Micro Center is available both online and in-store, which is good if you don’t live near one of their physical locations. Here, they’re offering this ultra slim hard drive for a lower than normal price. This hard drive comes in blue, black, gold, silver, and red.
- From Dell: Western Digital 4 TB Elements Desktop USB 3.0 Hard Drive for $129.99. You’re saving $50 on this Western Digital external hard drive Black Friday discount. Just like with all of the other Western Digital products that we’ve already discussed, with this one, you can count on reliable, high-capacity storage. And buying from Dell, you can get it at a fraction of the normal price.
As you can see, there are plenty of different external hard drive Black Friday deals available to shoppers this year. If you’re looking for a huge storage boost, then I suggest that you check out Newegg’s 8 TB drive. Otherwise, stores like Staples, Micro Center, and Office Depot are offering some nice discounts on more mid-tier drives. However, when you’re shopping from some place like Micro Center, consider that some deals are in-store only. Micro Center doesn’t have a store in every state, so those deals may be out of your reach. I tried to note those exceptions where possible.
Anyway, regardless as to what you actually decide to buy from this lot, I doubt that you will be unhappy. I can understand anxieties that someone may have buying a discounted hard drive. It’s an important job, and it could be disastrous if there were some kind of malfunction due to poor build quality. However, you can rest assured with these deals. Companies like Seagate, Toshiba, and Western Digital have been making external hard drives like these for years. They are well-trusted, and you have no reason for concern. Even if you decide not to buy one of these fine products this year, I still hope that you’re able to find whatever it is that you’re looking for during your Black Friday shopping this year!