There are only a few times a year that the prices come down way low. And the biggest and best of them is Black Friday. That is right folks, it’s that time again, when we all dash mad into the breach to make out with the spoils of war, and this campaign looks set to be the most lucrative yet. Today I will be taking a look at Lowe’s, the big boy in home improvement and appliances. Unlike my other Black Friday articles, we won’t be going off an ad leak, but instead a choice selection of the best bargains to be had at the store.
Lowe’s have been operating for years, beginning in the 1920’s as a general goods store. They expanded in the 50’s into the construction arena, and have gone from strength to strength since. Their product line i second to none in the field, and while the old school low key stores of old have vanished, the new big box style Lowe’s is our go to shop when looking for appliances and building supplies. So if you are in the market for a new vacuum, intercom, or more heavy duty supplies, you are in for a good time today.
There are so many deals to get through and so little time to do it. I have broken the list down into sections, itemizing a few choice deals and elaborating on a few. i am sure you will find something that piques your interest, and if you don’t there are plenty more deals where these came from. The items below are national, and there are more region specific deals to be had as well, be sure to check out Lowe’s site for local discounts.
Best Lowe’s 2016 Black Friday Deals:
There are plenty of other deals in the appliances section, no least of which is the huge mark downs on Dyson cleaners. Here are a few that I found interesting.
- Frigidaire Side-by-Side Refrigerator $698, Was $998 – Love this deal. Exterior of Stainless steel, smooth as silk. 26 cu feet on the inside. Water filter and ice maker on the left, crushed and cubed. $300 discount is frankly astounding.
- Hot Point Washer $299.00, Was $399.00
- Nucleus Smart Home Intercom $149, Was $249 – Using Amazon’s Alexa voice recognition software, the Nucleus Smart Home Intercom is one of the most advanced on the market. It is an always on device and a simple word is enough to get it to listen. It can video call your family members via an iOS Android app and link t any other intercom on your network. Well worth it at this price.
- Shark Navigator Vacuum $99, Was $159 – A bag less upright build, the Shark Navigator has compared very favorably with the Dyson brand. At this price it seems even better.
- iRobot $299, Was $374 – For a moment there I thought Lowe’s was selling me a copy of the Issac Asimov classic, but no. Think more Roomba than three laws of robotics. Though now I think of it I do hope my Roomba knows not to injure a human being, or through inaction cause a human being to come into harm.
A few items that don’t fit into other categories too nicely. I like a hodge podge of impulse purchases to peruse, and I am sure there is something here worth taking a few looks at.
- Rayovac Batteries 36-Ct. $5.97 , Was $14.97
- Patio Heater $99, Was $149
- Char-Broil 3-Burner Gas Grill $99 , Was $179
- Hand Truck $29.98 , Was $59.98
- Your Choice Shelving Units $55
- Freestanding shelving unit $55 , Was $84.98 – Not the best description, I realize, but click the handy link, with the middle mouse button if you please, for a look.
- Freestanding shelving unit $55, Was $74.98 – Same as above, different design, similar dimensions, you can always use more storage.
- Shed $99 , Was $229 – Completing my trifecta of poorly explained items is the shed. Take a look, a nice compact shed for outdoor storage.
Not my forte is the tool front, but a look through the brand names tells me that there are some high quality items in this sale. I don’t use anything more complicated than a soldering iron.
- Dewalt 20V 4-Tool Combo Kit $249, Was $399
- Dewalt 20V Drill $99, Was $149 11/2 – 1/3/17
- Dewalt 20V Combo Kit w/ Soft Case $149, Was $199
- Dewalt 12-In. Compound Miter Saw $199, Was $299
- Shop Vac 12-Gal. Shop Vacuum $39.98, Was $99.98
- Kobalt 24V 2-Piece Combo Kit $149, Was $229
- Kobalt 12-In. Sliding Compound Miter Saw $199, Was $299
- Kobalt 227-Piece Mechanic’s Tool Set $99, Was $199 – Did want the highlight this in particular. It has reviewed well, and the value on offer is nothing short of astounding. It has pretty much everything you might need to tool around with your motor vehicle.
- Stanley Storage Box 68-Piece Mechanic’s Tool Set $79 , Was $129 11/24 – 1/23/17
- Dewalt 20V 6-Tool Combo Kit $349, Was $599
- Porter Cable 6-Gal. Electric Air Compressor $99, Was $169 11/2 – 1/30/17 –
Both portable and light weight. I love a good air compressor, and while 150 PSI might be a little robust for my use, cleaning computers, it is still excellent value and multi faceted.
- Porter Cable 20V Combo Kit $99, Was $149 11/24 – 12/5
- Hitachi Brad Pneumatic Nailer $49.98, Was $89.98
- Dremel 200 Series 17-Piece Rotary Tool $29.99, Was $49.99 11/23 – 1/3/17
A short list of Christmas themed deals. I know it is a bit early to be getting your gear up, but it never hurts to plan ahead at the very least. Black Friday is the best day to get your decorations, just be sure to wait a week before you adorn your house in them.
- Your Choice #783244, #783245, & #783243 10-ft Mickey, 10-ft Snoopy or 9-ft Minion Inflatables $69, Was $150
- GE 7.5-Ft. Colorado Spruce Pre-Lit Tree $99, Was $179
- Holiday Living 7.5-Ft. Pine Tree $69, Was $169
- Holiday Living 70-Ct. LED String Lights $3.98, Was $9.98
- Multi-Function Christmas Laser Projector $39, Was $69
- Woodland Deer & Sled 3-Ct. Set $69, Was $149
Just a few non specific deals to round the list off. You’ll have to see on the day if the product you want made the cut, but seen as more than a few of these cover the whole range, I am near sure you will find what you are looking for.
- $100 off all Weber Genesis Gas Grills 11/24 – 11/30
- Up to 45% select Gladiator Garage Organization 11/24 – 11/30
- 20% off Kobalt Garage Cabinets 11/24 – 11/30
- 50% off all custom special order Levolor Blinds & Shades 11/23 – 11/30
- Up to $200 off select Dyson Vacuums 11/20 – 11/28
- Up to 50% off Kobalt Mechanic’s Tool Sets 11/24 – 11/30
- 20% off Kobalt Truck Tool Boxes 11/24 – 11/30
- 25% off all in-stock Christmas Ornaments 11/24 – 12/5
Well knock me down with a feather, that was a long one. There are so many things on offer this Black Friday at Lowe’s I didn’t know where to end the article. I feel I have touched on enough to get your juices flowing. For other offers be sure to visit Lowe’s website. All offers valid from 11/24 –to 11/30 unless other wise stated.
Lowe’s Black Friday FAQ’s
When does Lowe’s open for Black Friday?
Lowe’s will be open from 6am.
2016 Lowe’s Black Friday Hours:
Black Friday is a long event at Lowe’s. Opening up the offers at 6am on Thursday and not closing them until 10pm on Wednesday, more than enough time to pick up everything you need this season.
Can you shop online or is it in-store only?
Lowe’s offers apply online as well as offline. There are plenty of deals exclusive to regional stores though, so by staying home and shopping online you may be missing out on some must have deals. Be sure to check out what is going to be available in your area.
What is the Lowe’s Return Policy?
Lowe’s return policy is very customer friendly. they will go above and beyond to make sure you are satisfied with your purchase. All you need is to return an item is to take it to your local store, with a receipt, and they will refund it. If you do not have a receipt you can use your payment method as a proof of purchase. It must be noted that seasonal and holiday items must be returned on or before the 31st of December in order to be eligible for a refund, and Black Friday deals likely fall into that category.