Although digitally downloading video games is becoming an increasingly popular practice, there is still definitely a place in the world for physical copies of video games. When it comes to the sale of video games, GameStop is still definitely one of the biggest retailers in the world. The chain is well-liked among most gamers due to the fact that it sells large quantities of new and preowned games across a wide range of platforms, and also because of their more affordable prices. How could their prices be affected by something like Black Friday?
Luckily, we have recently been given the chance to answer that question for ourselves. GameStop has released a list of their upcoming Black Friday deals, which gives consumers the opportunity to preview their deals before deciding whether or not to visit the video game retailer on the 25th. In this article, I’ll talk a little bit about what I believe to be some of the best deals that are going to be available at GameStop on Black Friday this year. However, keep in mind that I couldn’t possibly get to every single discount. If you are looking to view the complete list of deals being offered by GameStop this year, then I advise that you scroll to the bottom of this article in order to download the full ad scan.
Best GameStop 2016 Black Friday Deals –
- PlayStation 4 500 GB Uncharted 4 Bundle for $249.99, or $50 off. This bundle comes with a console, a DualShock 4 wireless controller, and a copy of Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End. They’re also offering a second game with this bundle for free — either The Last of Us or Ratchet & Clank.
- Xbox One S 1 TB Gears of War 4 Bundle for $299.99, which is a whopping $100 off of standard price. This bundle comes with a console, a controller, and a copy of Gears of War 4 for Xbox One and Windows 10.
- Xbox One S 500 GB Minecraft Bundle for $249.99, which is $50 off. This bundle comes with a console, a controller, Minecraft Favorites Pack, Minecraft Builders Pack, and a Windows 10 Edition beta.
- Turtle Beach XO1 Headset for $49.99, or $30 off of standard pricing. For gamers who feel like using standard speakers aren’t enough, Turtle Beach audio equipment is almost as good as it gets. In terms of audio quality and value, this headset is a must-buy.
- Steam Controller for $34.99, with savings totaling $15. Although most PC gamers opt to use third-party gamepads for their video games, many laud Valve’s Steam Controller as the end-all-be-all PC controller. This fairly priced controller also comes with a free case, which sweetens the deal.
- 8 Piece Advanced Gaming Xbox One Gamer’s Accessory Kit for $39.99, or $20 off. This ultimate kit comes with a headset, power dock, joystick caps, a 10″ charge cable, battery packs, and a protective cover. A PS4 kit can also be purchased (without a battery pack) for $34.99.
Toys and Collectibles:
- GameStop Funko! Mystery Box for $20. This mystery box is great for someone looking for a little bit of a surprise on Black Friday. It comes with 4 exclusive collectibles and 1 of 5 Pop! Vinyls. Some lucky customers may receive a rare gold Pop! Vinyl.
- Pokeball Sculpted Mug 2-Piece Set for $24.99, which is $5 in savings. With the release of Pokemon Sun and Moon coming this month, Pokemon is becoming more hot than ever. These mugs are the perfect gift for the diehard Pokemon lover in your life.
- Five Nights at Freddy’s 22″ Plushies for $29.99, which is $20 off of sticker price. These plushies are pretty big, but you don’t have to worry about paying big bucks to acquire them. This is obviously a good gift for someone who likes the Five Nights at Freddy’s franchise.
- 3 for $30 on select pre-owned games. This deal includes games like Dark Souls, NBA 2K15, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Fallout: New Vegas, Assassin’s Creed: Rogue, and South Park: The Stick of Truth. These games can also be purchased for $14.99 each.
- 3 for $20 on select pre-owned games. This deal includes games like Red Dead Redemption, Super Mario Galaxy, Destiny, Halo: Reach, Far Cry 3, Dragon Age: Inquisition, and Madden 15. These games can also be purchased for $9.99 each.
- Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all pre-owned products. This is obviously a more vague sale than the other two that I mentioned, but it’s great for someone who doesn’t like being restrained to a list when it comes to finding deals.
- $30 off on select games. This deal includes games like Skyrim: Special Edition ($29.99), XCOM 2 ($29.99), Battleborn ($9.99), and Just Cause 3 ($19.99). There are many other games that are considered part of this particular promotion, as well.
- $20 off on select games. This deal includes games like Battlefield 1 ($39.99), Recore ($19.99), Dark Souls III ($19.99), Rise of the Tomb Raider ($39.99), Mafia III ($39.99), Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens for PS4 ($29.99), among many others.
- $25 off on select games. This deal includes games like Overwatch Origins Edition ($34.99), Grand Theft Auto V ($34.99), Far Cry: Primal ($24.99), Destiny: The Collection for PS4 ($34.99), and Gears of War 4 ($34.99). Again, this is not an all inclusive list.
As you can see, GameStop is going to be selling all different kinds of gaming-related items at a deep discount for Black Friday shoppers this year. Whether you’re looking to buy something for yourself or for someone else, I think that they’re offering something for just about anyone this time around. Are you not impressed by what I mentioned here? Remember, I didn’t have the time to get to every single deal that they’re offering, since there are so many. In order to view the full ad scan for yourself, scroll to the bottom of this article and simply click the image of the GameStop flyer in order to view the complete list of deals.
GameStop Black Friday Hours & FAQs:
When does GameStop open for Black Friday?
GameStop is going to be opening early for Black Friday. Their doors will be opening at 5 am on Friday.
2016 GameStop Black Friday Hours:
GameStop will be closed all day on Thanksgiving, and it will be opening at 5 am on Black Friday. As no closing times have been confirmed by the chain, you may want to reach out to your local store and see when they plan on closing on Black Friday. Regardless, looking at some of these deals I have a feeling that they will be running out of product pretty early on Black Friday.
Can you shop online or is it in-store only?
GameStop will be offering deals both online and in-store for Black Friday this year. Their online deals will become available starting at 3 am on Thanksgiving, and their in-store deals will become available starting at 5 am on Black Friday.
What is the GameStop return policy?
As with any store that sells electronics and digital media, GameStop’s return policy is sort of tricky. The rule of thumb is that you can return your items within 30 days of purchase. However, there are a few wrinkles to that rule. For instance, you can return a pre-owned game for a cash refund within 7 days of purchase. After those 7 days, you have 21 days where you’re only eligible for an exact exchange. In order to better familiarize yourself with the ins and outs of this sometimes confusing policy, I advise that you check out GameStop’s website to read up on more.
If you would like to view the full 12-page Black Friday 2016 ad for GameStop, then all you have to do is click the image below to see the complete ad scan.