In this economy, people may be reluctant to spend money on luxuries. Everyone experiences buyer’s remorse from time to time, and I’m sure that everyone has bought something before that they realized later on that they didn’t really need. Cyber Monday is a national shopping holiday that allows people to buy some pretty extravagant goods without having to feel quite as guilty about it. One thing that people tend to buy during these types of massive sales? The ultrawide monitor.
If you own a desktop computer, you own a monitor. However, there’s a very large difference between owning an old dusty Dell 720p monitor and owning a 4K monitor. It’s one of those purchases where you can very finely scale exactly how much you’re spending. Ultrawide monitors are simply monitors that are just that — very wide. Their standard resolution sits at 2560 x 1080, but there are a few exceptions.
They are popular among people who don’t have the space or the specs needed to run a dual-monitor setup, but still like the idea of having a large display. In this article, I’m going to be breaking down some of the best Cyber Monday deals on ultrawide monitors, across a wide variety of price points and retailers. Without further ado, let’s take a closer look at some of these monitors, shall we?
One of the best places for Ultrawide Monitor deals in 2016 is Amazon.com. Like most products they lead the pack in not only the amount of deals but also in the size of price cuts for Cyber Monday. Let’s check out some of the best ultrawide monitor deals at Amazon.com for Cyber Monday.
- Samsung S29E790C 29″ UltraWide Curved Screen LED-Backlit Monitor for $399.99, which is $200 off. This is a really gorgeous monitor from Samsung, with a large screen and a standard 2560 x 1080 resolution. This monitor is also compatible with Game Mode, which enhances your gaming experience by enhancing colors and adjusting contrast. It’s worth noting that this is a manufacturer refurbished unit, so although there may be some slight issues, you shouldn’t have to anticipate any major problems. Exercise caution, however.
- LG 29UM68-P 29-Inch 21:9 Ultra-Wide IPS Monitor with FreeSync for $249.00, which accounts for a $150.99 discount. It is compatible with screen split and free sync, and like the previous monitor, it has a game mode that allows you to shuffle through different presets to create the best graphical experience possible while you game. This model, unfortunately, is not height adjustable.
- Dell UltraSharp U2913WM 29-Inch Ultra Widescreen LED-Lit Monitor for $269.99, which is a $430 discount. This is a real beauty of an ultrawide monitor, with extreme color accuracy, a large quantity of compatible connectivity (DisplayPort 1.2, USB 3.01, Mini DisplayPort, DVI, and HDMI), and complete VESA mount compatibility. Pricier than some of the other monitors that we’ve mentioned, but worth every penny in my opinion.
- Acer Predator 34-inch Curved UltraWide QHD NVIDIA G-Sync Widescreen Display for $1,229.99, which is $70 off. Alright, so that’s a pretty dramatic name for a monitor, but I think that a screen with this kind of quality deserves it. This is a 3440 x 1440 60Hz curved display with Display Port and HDMI signal inputs. It’s capable of being overclocked up to 100Hz. If you have money burning a hole in your pocket, then I suggest that you check this one out.
- LG 25UM56-P 25” Class 21:9 UltraWide IPS Gaming Monitor for $149.99, which is $200 off. This price is reduced even more with the $20 rebate card that you can receive in the mail with this purchase. LG’s monitor has a 60 Hz refresh rate, and it’s also VESA mount compatible.
- LG 29UM67P Black 29″ Adaptive-Sync 21:9 UltraWide LED Backlight Gaming Monitor for $229.99, or $370 off. I really like this monitor, because not only are you getting excellent picture quality, but it also comes with a backlight gaming monitor. No need to pick those up separately. The monitor supports HDMI and DisplayPort connection.
- Acer XZ350CU Black 35″ Large Format Curved Monitor for $499.99, for a whopping $500 in savings. I’m sure you’ve heard about curved televisions, but have you heard about curved monitors? The same principle applies here: a curved screen provides a distraction-free viewing experience! This monitor also supports HDMI and DisplayPort connections.
- ASUS PB Series PB278Q 27″ 5ms Widescreen LED Monitor for $359.99, or $140.00 off. Although this company is admittedly not all that well-known for their monitors (compared to some of the others that I’ve already mentioned), this is a really solid ultrawide. It comes with built-in speakers, and it’s also very easily height and pivot adjustable.
From Best Buy:
- LG 29″ IPS LCD HD 21:9 UltraWide Monitor for $199.99, or $150 off. This 75Hz monitor is nice, because it’s really simple. It’s a very large widescreen monitor with 2 HDMI inputs, and it’s capable of being mounted. Nothing special, I admit, but it gets the job done at a very low price.
- LG 34″ IPS LED 21:9 UltraWide FreeSync Monitor for $349.99, which is a $50 discount. This is also a 75Hz monitor, but it’s obviously a good deal larger than the previous LG monitor that I mentioned. It has built-in 7W stereo speakers, 2 HDMI ports, and a DisplayPort port. This monitor also features full height and tilt adjustment options.
- HP Pavilion 32″ LED HD Monitor for $299.99, or $100 off. This monitor’s stand is kind of unorthodox, but everything else about it is perfectly fine. It has a large screen at a 2560 x 1440 resolution, HDMI 2.0 and Display Port compatibility, and 7 ms response time. Outside of that, it’s also fully equipped with a VESA mount. All around, a solid ultrawide monitor at a good price.
Ultrawide monitors aren’t for everyone, but people who own them will sing their praises until the cows come home. Here’s a display that’s large enough to serve as two monitors, without having to have an annoying bezel in between. Whether you want to use it while you game, watch movies, or just surf the web, an ultrawide monitor is sure to enhance your overall viewing experience. Amazon, Newegg, and Best Buy all have some solid ultrawide monitor deals, but you may still want to see if you can explore other options to see if there’s anything better out there. With that said, though, I think that Newegg has the largest quantity of deals relating to computer monitors by far.
When it comes down to it, Cyber Monday purchasing decisions are just like any other. You can only get so far by comparing deals across different websites. Along with this information, you also need to consider things like return policies, shipping costs, warranties, and so on. This may sound harsh, but you’re kind of on your own from here. You need to evaluate your own situation and budget to determine what offer is right for you. Anyway, even if you decide that you’re not going to splurge on an ultrawide monitor, I still hope that you’re able to find whatever it is that you’re looking for on Cyber Monday this year. I hope that this article helped you learn a little bit about what’s available, too.