Laptops are always going to be one of the most popular gifts to give and receive during the holiday season. It’s not unreasonable to upgrade your computer on a regular basis, and laptops are generally more affordable than desktop computers. Plus, when you’re gifting someone a desktop computer, you may need to also buy a monitor, a mouse, a keyboard, and so on. A laptop is a more convenient form factor. While you’re doing your holiday shopping this year, you may be struggling to determine exactly where you should go and what you should get. Where can you get the best deals?
Check out some of the best deals at Amazon Below
In this article, I’m going to be looking at some of the best laptop deals that can be found during this year’s Black Friday sales. Black Friday is a great time to buy laptops, since prices are reduced greatly. Plus, more and more retailers are putting their Black Friday sales online, which means that you don’t even always have to leave the house in order to take advantage of some of these awesome bargains. There are an abundance of laptop discounts this year, but I’m just going to be focusing on what I believe are the best. I’m going to be sure to cover as many different price ranges and types of laptops as possible.
Best Laptop Deals from Best Buy:
- HP Spectre 15.6″ 2-in-1 4K Ultra HD Touch-Screen Laptop for $1,119.99. That’s a pretty large price tag for a laptop, but it’s well worth it. This is a highly powerful 4K touchscreen laptop, powered by an Intel Core i7 processor, 16 GB of RAM, and a 512 GB SSD. Definitely has it all.
- Samsung 11.6″ Chromebook for $119.00, which is $80 off of regular pricing. A Chromebook doesn’t have all of the same features as a traditional laptop, but it’s still a really affordable device for students. This Chromebook is powered by an Intel Celeron processor, 4 GB of RAM, and 32 GB of flash memory.
- HP Spectre 13.3″ 2-in-1 Touch-Screen Laptop for $999.99, which is a whopping $400 off. This is a slightly more affordable version of the other Spectre laptop that Best Buy is selling during Black Friday this year. It has the exact same specs as the other one, except this one has a slighter smaller, non-4K display.
- Dell Inspiron 15.6″ Laptop for $649.99. Solid gaming laptop from Best Buy, which you save $150 on. It comes with an Intel Core i5 Processor, 8 GB of RAM, a GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card, a 1 TB HDD, and Windows 10. It’s the perfect holiday gift for that gamer in your life.
Best Laptop Deals from Newegg:
- Refurbished HP Grade A 13.3″ Laptop for $179.99. You save $140 on this refurbished laptop when you include the $20 mail-in rebate. This Windows 10 device contains an Intel Core i5 Processor, 4GB of RAM, and a 128 GB SSD. Great if you’re on a budget.
- MSI GL62M 15.6″ Gaming Laptop for $599.99. Who says that you can only game on a desktop computer? This laptop is strong, with a 7th gen Intel Core i5 processor, an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card, 8 GB of RAM, and a 1 TB HDD. You end up saving a whopping $200 on this laptop after the $50 mail-in rebate.
- Asus Vivobook 14″ Laptop for $399.99. I think that this is a great mid-tier laptop, and it comes at a mid-tier price. This lightweight machine uses a Dual-Core AMD A9 processor, Radeon R5 graphics, 8 GB of RAM, and a 256 2.5″ SSD for storage.
- Acer Aspire 15.6″ Gaming Laptop for $539.99. Another gaming laptop from Newegg, and this one is a little cheaper than the other one. Don’t mistake it’s price for weakness, though. It has a 7th gen Intel Core i7 processor, an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M, 8 GB of RAM, a 128 GB SSD, and a 1 TB HDD. Very well-rounded unit.
Best Laptop Deals from Walmart:
- Samsung Chromebook 3 for $119.00. As I mentioned before, Chromebooks aren’t usually as powerful as your average everyday laptop, but they still get the job done. This model includes an Intel Dual-Core Celeron processor, 16 GB of RAM, and an 11.6″ 720p display.
- HP 15.6″ Touchscreen Laptop for $249.00. Yet another budget-friendly Black Friday laptop from Walmart. This laptop uses an Intel Pentium processor, 4 GB of RAM, 500 GB of HDD, and Windows 10. Decent laptop, and even better at this price.
- HP 15.6″ AMD Touchscreen Laptop for $399.99. Very similar to the previous laptop, but a bit beefier. It uses an AMD A12 processor, 8 GB of RAM, a 1 TB HDD, and Windows 10. Plus, it even comes with a backpack and a mouse! It’s the perfect bundle.
- Acer Aspire E5 15.6″ Laptop for $449.00. Probably the most powerful laptop that you will find at Walmart this Black Friday. It packs a major punch, with an Intel Core i7 processor, 1 TB of HDD, and 8 GB of RAM. You save $80 with this deal.
Best Laptop Deals from Frys:
- 13″ Macbook Air for $788.00. We haven’t seen many Macbooks on this list thus far! This Macbook Air is small, but powerful. It has an Intel Core i5 processor, 8 GB of RAM, and 128 GB of flash storage. Macbooks are usually pretty expensive, and you’re saving over 20% off with this one.
- 14″ HP Elitebook for $237.00. Maybe you’re just looking for a PC from Frys this year. If that’s the case, look no further. The HP Elitebook has an Intel Core i5 processor, 8 GB of RAM, and 1 TB of HDD. Excellent mid-tier rig.
- Samsung 11.6″ Chromebook for $98.00. Another Chromebook, and this is probably one of the cheapest that you’ll find in all of Black Friday this year. It uses an Intel Dual Core processor, 2 GB of RAM, and 16 GB of flash storage.
- Asus Touchscreen 11.6″ Laptop for $168.00. Were you wanting to buy a 2-in-1 this year? This Asus 2-in-1 touchscreen laptop has an 11.6″ display, an Intel Dual Core processor, 4 GB of RAM, and 32 GB of flash storage.
As you can see, there are plenty of laptop deals to choose from during this year’s Black Friday sales. If you asked me who has the best laptop deals, I would say it’s probably a split between Best Buy and Newegg. I think that Best Buy has the largest selection of Black Friday laptop deals, but I also think that Newegg has the largest variety. Best Buy also has the advantage of offering both in-store and online deals. However, I don’t think that you can really go wrong with either. There are great laptop deals to be found during Black Friday 2017, everywhere from Newegg to Frys to Walmart. The great thing about Black Friday is that you can never really not find a deal. They’re absolutely everywhere.
You may be wondering which of these laptops is the best individual deal. Really, that comes down to personal preference. I think that the amount of savings that you can land with these higher-end laptops are remarkable, but you may not have the need for a laptop that costs more than $500. Similarly, if you’re looking for a really powerful machine, you may not be impressed by any of the Chromebook deals that I mentioned. When you’re looking at deals on Black Friday, it’s more important to look at your own needs than it is to look at a savings amount. Don’t feel obligated to spend money on something you don’t need, just because it’s cheaper than normal. Still, I wish you luck this year in finding that perfect Black Friday laptop deal.