A rapper out of Brooklyn, New York, Desiigner rose to fame with the release of his debut single, Panda in 2016. Since then, he has come out with numerous other tracks, a couple of which have also received RIAA certifications. Learn more about the hip-hop artist below.
Desiigner– 2017 Facts
Sidney Royel Selby III
Occupation and Job
Rapper, record producer, singer-songwriter, actor, record executive
Desiigner rose to fame for his debut single, Panda which topped the Billboard Hot 100 upon its release. A huge hit, it ultimately earned him a Grammy Award nomination for Best Rap Performance in 2016.
Age – How Old is He?
He is currently 20 years old
Birthday/Date of Birth
He was born on May 3, 1997
Place of Birth/Hometown
Desiigner was born in Brooklyn, New York. Growing up, he lived in the Louis Armstrong projects in the area of Bedford-Stuyvesant with his parents.
He is of African American and Afro-Barbadian descent
Desiigner Height, Weight & Body Facts
How Tall – Height in Feet
He is 6’4″ tall
How Tall – Height in Meters
He is 194cm tall
Weight in Pounds
He currently weighs 203 pounds
Weight in Kilograms
He currently weighs 92kg
At this time, Desiigner’s body measurements are unavailable
His waist size has not been disclosed
His shoe size is unknown at this time
Desiigner’s Personal Life in 2017
Is Desiigner in a Relationship?
According to tabloids, the rapper was recently spotted with someone who appears to be his girlfriend, at the beach. At this time, her identity has not been revealed; we will update this section as soon as we know more.
At this time, we do not have any information on his previous relationships.
Having said that, he was rumored to have hooked up with Lil’ Kim sometime last time, though this has not been confirmed.
Sidney Royel Selby II
He has two sisters; according to reports, it was one of them who had convinced him to add an extra i to the word, Designer for his stage name.
He has an older brother.
As far as we know, Desiigner does not have any children.
As a student, he went to a local high school in Brooklyn, New York. Unfortunately, not much else is known about his education history at this time.
Did Desiigner Go to College
No, as far as we know, the musician never went to college. He decided to embark on a music career in his teens and hasn’t looked back since.
At this time, we do not have any information on Desiigner’s salary.
As of 2017, Desiigner has an estimated net worth of $4 Million.
In his free time, he enjoys rapping, hanging out and making music
His favorite movie is The Fast and the Furious
Favorite TV Show
Favorite Music Artists
When asked about who his favorite rapper is, he stated that [he] is his own favorite artist”
Born on May 3rd, he is a Taurus
This information is currently unknown
This information is currently unknown
Desiigner’s Social Media Accounts & Usernames
Desiigner’s Facebook Account
Desiigner’s Twitter Username
Desiigner’s Instagram Username
Desiigner’s Youtube Channel
Desiigner’s Snapchat Username
Desiigner’s Snapchat username is @lifeofdesiigner
Other Interesting Facts:
- He fell victim to a shooting at the age of fourteen- ultimately, it was after that incident that he decided to embark on a rap career
- His grandfather is Sidney Selby, aka the blues musician “Guitar Crusher”
- In 2016, the rapper was arrested alongside a few others after someone claimed that he had pulled a weapon on them
- His music is influenced by Southern hip-hop- in particular, trap music from Atlanta, Georgia
- His rapping style and vocals are often compared to that of American rapper, Future
- He has collaborated with several artists including Kanye West, Jim Jones, Tyga, Pusha T, Seven Bucks, Mekado, among many others
- He has made a few appearances in the music videos of Plain Native, Hype Williams, Yoni Lappin and Scott Brown
- His hit song, Panda was sampled by Kanye West for his seventh studio album, The Life of Pablo
- He has an array of merchandise items available on his online store- including hoodies, and t-shirts
- He currently has over 252K followers on Soundcloud, to which he often posts his musical releases
- He first started to experiment with singing as a member of the school choir
- He received three iHeart Radio Music Award nominations and three Billboard Music Award nominations this year
Desiigner Bio – 2018 Update
Born in Brooklyn, New York, Desiigner has been involved with music ever since he was young- as a child, he was a member of both the church and school choir. Embarking on a music career later in his teens, he came out with his debut track, Zombie Walk in 2015. Soon afterward, he released his first commercial single, Panda. More successful than he had ever imagined, it went platinum five times in the US- however not before rocketing him towards superstardom. To date, it remains to be the rapper’s best performing single, having sold millions of copies across the country.
Teaming up with several rap artists, the single, Champions came out in the summer of 2016. A collaboration with Gucci Mane, Kanye West, and Travis Scott, among a few others, it successfully peaked at number 71 on the Billboard 200. Later that same month, Desiigner issued his debut mixtape, New English through Def Jam Records. In addition to his breakthrough hit Panda, it also gave rise to the tracks, Talk Regardless, Monstas & Villains, Zombie Walk, and Overnight, to name a few. What else has he been up to lately? So far in 2017, he has released a number of singles including, Thank God I Got It, Up, Life, Arms, and Formula. In terms of upcoming projects, he is currently working on his debut album, The Life of Desiigner.