One of the best-selling artists of all time, Janet Jackson first established herself as a pop icon with her 1986 studio album, Control. Since then, she has released several additional hits including, The Velvet Rope, All For You, Discipline, and Unbreakable, to name a few. You can learn more about the star below.
Janet Jackson– 2017 Facts
Janet Damita Jo Jackson
Occupation and Job
Singer, songwriter, actress, dancer
Janet Jackson originally rose to fame as a member of The Jackson 5 in the early 70’s. She later embarked on a solo music career, which has proved to be successful to this day.
Age – How Old is She?
She is currently 51 years old
Birthday/Date of Birth
She was born on May 16, 1966
Place of Birth/Hometown
Janet Jackson was born and raised in Gary, Indiana, alongside her nine siblings.
She is African American
Janet Jackson Height, Weight & Body Facts
How Tall – Height in Feet
He is 5’4″ tall
How Tall – Height in Meters
He is 163cm tall
Weight in Pounds
She currently weighs 128 pounds
Weight in Kilograms
She currently weighs 58kg
Her body measurements are 34-24-36
Her waist size has not been disclosed
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe
Size 6 (US)
Janet Jackson’s Personal Life in 2017
Is Janet Jackson in a Relationship?
Up until September 2017, she was in a relationship with Wissam Al Mana, the executive director of the Al Mana Group. As far as we know, she is currently single.
Janet Jackson’s Boyfriends
In total, she has been married three times. Prior to her marriage to Al Mana, she was with Rene Elizondo, Jr. from 1991 to 2000 and with James DeBarge from 1984 to 1985.
Joseph Walter Jackson
Janet Jackson has two sisters, Rebbie and La Toya Jackson.
She has nine brothers, including the late Michael Jackson aka the “King of Pop.”
At the age of fifty, Janet Jackson had welcomed her first child, a son named Eissa Al Mana earlier this January with ex-husband, Wissam Al Mana.
After attending Portola Middle School, it is unclear where she had continued her secondary education.
Did Janet Jackson Go to College
No, as far as we know, she has not gone to college. By the time she was in her teens, her career as a musician was already booming.
Having said that, she has always expressed an interest in going to law school.
At this time, we do not have any information on Janet Jackson’s salary.
As of 2017, Janet Jackson has an estimated net worth of $175 Million.
For many years, Janet Jackson collected pig memorabilia as a hobby.
She is a big fan of chicken- no matter the form!
Favorite TV Show
Red, blue and white
Favorite Music Artists
Marvin Gaye and Ella Fitzgerald
Born on May 16, she is a Taurus
This information is currently unknown
This information is currently unknown
Janet Jackson’s Social Media Accounts & Usernames
Janet Jackson’s Facebook Account
Janet Jackson’s Twitter Username
Janet Jackson’s Instagram Username
Janet Jackson’s Youtube Channel
Janet Jackson’s Snapchat Username
As far as we know, Janet Jackson is not on Snapchat
Other Interesting Facts:
- At the age of 25, she signed a multi-million dollar with Virgin Records, which made her one of the highest earning music artists in the country
- One of the best selling artists of all time, Janet Jackson has sold more than 100 million records across the world
- In 2016, she was named as one of the most successful dance club artists of all time by Billboard Magazine
- In 2011, she co-authored a self-help book titled, True You: A Journey to Finding and Loving Yourself with David Ritz
- Her music has been used in the TV series, Grey’s Anatomy, Empire, American Dad!, Glee, and Neighbors from Hell, to name a few
- As a child, she loved horse riding; since Christopher Reeve’s accident, however, she has become reluctant to ride horses
- She has five tattoos on her body, including one of Mickey and Minnie on her bikini line
- Prior to becoming a singer, there was a period when she wanted to work at McDonald’s- specifically as the person in charge of the drive through
- She has always wanted to pursue a career in law
- Her single, Black Cat made her the first singer to reach number one on both the Mainstream Rock and Billboard Hot 100 music charts in the US
- For her portrayal in the film, Nutty Professor II: The Klumps, she was allegedly paid $3 million
- In 2005, she was included in FHM’s list of “100 Sexiest Women in the World”
Janet Jackson Bio – 2018 Update
Born in Gary, Indiana, Janet Jackson is the youngest child of the Jackson family. Alongside her brothers, she had launched her music career in the 60’s as a member of The Jackson 5. Later signing to A&M as a solo artist, she issued her debut album, Janet Jackson in 1982. From there, she shot to fame with her 1986 release, Control, which has since gone platinum five times. Over the years, the singer has churned out several additional projects including, The Velvet Rope, All For You, 20 Y.O., and Discipline, to name a few. Outside of music, she also appeared in a handful of films such as, Poetic Justice (1993), Nutty Professor II: The Klumps (2000), and Why Did I Get Married? (2007).
Her most recent album release, Unbreakable was made available in 2015. In support of the project, she had also embarked on The Unbreakable World Tour, which saw her performing dozens of shows across North America and Asia. While she hasn’t come out with any new records lately, that hasn’t stopped her from hitting the roads once again- this September, she launched The State of the World Tour which kicked off in Louisiana. A continuation of The Unbreakable World Tour, it will be continuing until December 17, 2017, at Atlanta, Georgia.