A Columbian singer, Maluma has been churning out hits since the early 2010’s. Signed with Sony Music, he released his debut album, Magia, in 2012. From there, he issued Pretty Boy, Dirty Boy in 2015, which has since gone platinum twice. To learn more about the artist, read on below.
Maluma– 2017 Facts
Juan Luis Londoño Arias
Occupation and Job
Maluma first gained attention for the song, Farandulera in 2010. From there, his notoriety rose with the release of his debut album, Magia, which went gold in his native Columbia. Since then, he has dropped another album titled, Pretty Boy, Dirty Boy, in 2015.
Age – How Old is He?
He is currently 23 years old
Birthday/Date of Birth
He was born on January 28th, 1994
Place of Birth/Hometown
Maluma was born and raised in Medellin, Columbia, where he presumably went to school.
Maluma Height, Weight & Body Facts
How Tall – Height in Feet
He is 5’10” tall
How Tall – Height in Meters
He is 178cm tall
Weight in Pounds
He currently weighs 154 pounds
Weight in Kilograms
He currently weighs 70kg
His waist size has not been disclosed
His shoe size is unknown at this time
Maluma’s Personal Life in 2017
Is Maluma in a Relationship?
As far as we know, Maluma is currently single. At one point, there were rumors about him having gotten together with Selena Gomez, though said claims have since been refuted by the star.
Previously, Maluma was in a relationship with Mexican singer, Belinda from 2014 to 2015. Prior to that, he is also said to have gotten together with Anita and Yeinly Castro.
Luis Fernando London
He has a sister named Manuela Londono Arias
The Puerto Rican star does not have any brothers
As far as we know, Maluma does not have any children
As a student, he went to Hontanares School in El Retiro, where he used to write lyrics for some of his friends. He later won a singing competition during tenth grade.
Did Maluma Go to College
No, Maluma has not gone to college. Since his teen years, he has fixated his attention on a music career.
At this time, we do not have any information on Maluma’s salary.
As of 2017, Maluma has an estimated net worth of $12 Million.
Playing soccer or the guitar
Rice and pasta
Favorite TV Show
Favorite Music Artists
His biggest musical inspirations include Michael Jackson, Hector Levoe, and Justin Timberlake
He is a big fan of soccer, a sport that he played for many years as a young boy
Born on January 28, he is an Aquarius
This information is currently unknown
This information is currently unknown
Maluma’s Social Media Accounts & Usernames
Maluma’s Facebook Account
Maluma’s Twitter Username
Maluma’s Instagram Username
Maluma’s Youtube Channel
Maluma’s Snapchat Username
Maluma’s Snapchat username [email protected]
Other Interesting Facts:
- An urban performer, he likes describing his music as “urban pop”
- He has appeared on television a handful of times in La vol Kids Columbia, Desperate continuo, and La Vol Kids Mexico
- The music video for his hit single, Obsession quickly went viral on Youtube- to date, it has been viewed over 175 million times
- In support of his second studio album, he embarked on a Maluma World Tour in May 2016- it will be continuing until December 31, 2017
- He has received over 80 industry awards throughout his carer including a Latin Grammy for Best Artist and an MTV Europe Music Award for Best Latin America Central Act
- His favorite pick up line is “What’s up Mamacita, let’s go out, where are we going?”
- The Columbian singer has been featured in the works of many artists including Maia, Danny Romero, Elvis Crespo, among others
- He recently made a couple of guest appearances in Shakira’s Trap and in Yandel’s Solo Mia
- In 2015, he posted suggestive photographs of him with his aunt, which sparked rumors about them having been in an inappropriate relationship
- As a teen, he played chess, ping pong as well as volleyball- all of which he excelled at
- His stage name, Maluma is actually a tribute to his family- Marie, Luis, and Manuela
Maluma Bio – 2018 Update
Born and raised in Medellin, Columbia, Maluma has been creating music ever since his late teens. Landing a record deal with Sony Music Columbia, he later delivered his first full-length album, Magia in 2012. Though the record did not reach the music charts, it gave rise to a few singles including, Loco, Obsession, and Farandulera. From there, the artist issued a mixtape dubbed, PB.DB The Mixtape, which boasted nine tracks. A considerable hit, it has since gone platinum in his native Columbia. Continuing with his music career, he released his second studio album, Pretty Boy, Dirty Boy in 2015.
His most successful release to date, Pretty Boy, Dirty Boy charted in many countries including Mexico, Argentina, and the United States. Maluma’s first multi-platinum hit, it spawned the popular tracks, Borro Cassette, El Perdedor (Feat. Yandel), and Sin Contrato (Feat. Fifth Harmony), all of which charted nicely in Columbia. What has he been up to since then? The last that we heard, the twenty-something was working on his upcoming album, X, which will presumably be hitting stores sometime next year. With that said, he has already released a single from the project, Corazon (Feat. Nego do Borel), which charted at number 23 earlier this year.