Based in Tennessee, Yo Gotti dropped his debut album, Youngasta’s On a Come Up back in 1996. Since he changed his alias to what it is today, he has released a number of projects including Life, Back 2 da Basics, I Am and Self-Explanatory. To learn more about the talented rapper, be sure to read on below.
Yo Gotti, Lil Yo
Rapper, record producer
After releasing his independent mixtapes, Yo Gotti started to gain attention with Back 2 da Basics in 2006. From there, his popularity increased further with his major label debut, Live from the Kitchen in 2012.
How Old is He?
36 years old
Date of Birth
May 19, 1981
Memphis, Tennessee- Growing up, he lived in the Ridgecrest Apartment in the community of Frayser
He is of Zimbabwe origin on his father’s side and of South African descent on his mother’s side.
Yo Gotti Body Facts
How Tall – in Feet
How Tall – in Meters
159 pounds or 72kg
Size 9 (US) shoe
Yo Gotti’s Personal Life in 2017
Is Yo Gotti in a Relationship?
Single. If he is in a relationship, it’s not out in the open.
Yo Gotti’s Girlfriends
In the last, the rapper had been married to Lakeisha Mims. After a few years of living together, however, they had separated (for reasons unknown); later, the pair got a divorce.
Sisters and Brothers
Yo Gotti is an only child and does not have any siblings.
With his ex-wife, the rapper has two children, a son and a daughter named De’arra Taylor, the latter of whom is an active personality on Youtube.
Yo Gotti went to a local high school in Tennessee; he eventually graduated in 1999.
Did Yo Gotti Go to College?
Towards the end of his high school career, Yo Gotti dreamt of going to Tennessee State University. Upon his graduation, he studied business at the Southwest Tennessee Community College, intending to transfer to TSU later on. Due to his busy work schedule, however, he was ultimately forced to drop out for his burgeoning music career.
Yo Gotti has an estimated net worth of $5 Million
Creating new music
Favorite TV Show
White is his favorite color- in fact, he owns a number of all-white vehicles
Favorite Music Artists
His favorite rapper is Lil Wayne
Born on May 19, he is a Gemini
Yo Gotti’s Social Media Accounts & Usernames
Yo Gotti’s Facebook Account
Yo Gotti’s Twitter Username
Yo Gotti’s Instagram Username
Yo Gotti’s Youtube Channel
Yo Gotti’s Snapchat Username
Yo Gotti’s Snapchat username is @iamyogottikom
Other Interesting Facts:
- He owns a record label called the Collective Music Group (formerly known as the Cocaine Muzik Group)- some of his signees include Snootie Wild, Moneybagg Yo, and Blac Youngsta
- He has received three BET Hip Hop Award nominations, two of which were from earlier this year
- He has collaborated with many artists including YG, Lil Wayne, Jeezy, Kanye West, and Kodak Black, among others
- He began his rap career at the age of fourteen affiliated with DJ Sound and his crew in Memphis
- A number of his tracks have garnered RIAA accreditation including, 5 Star, Act Right (Feat. Jeezy and YG), Errbody, and Law
- He currently has 3.4 million followers on Instagram and 1.64 million fans on Twitter
- The rapper has appeared in several TV talk shows including, The Arsenio Hall Show, The Real, Jimmy Kimmel Live, and The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
- His tracks, Power of Money, and Law have been used in the TV shows, Atlanta, and Shame
- He recently appeared in an episode of the reality TV series, Young Hollywood on the Go
Yo Gotti Bio – 2018 Update
Born on May 19, 1981, in Memphis, Tennessee, Yo Gotti kick-started his music career at the age of fourteen, under the name Lil Yo. Over the next years, he churned out a string of independent albums including Self-Explanatory, From Da Dope Game 2 Da Rap Game, Back 2 da Basics and Life. It wasn’t until the late 2000’s that he landed a music deal with RCA records. Getting to work at the studio, he later issued his major label debut, Live from the Kitchen in 2012, which gave rise to the two singles, Single and We Can Get it On. From there, the rapper dropped I Am and The Art of Hustle, with a three-year-long break between the projects.
His most recent album, I Still Am was released on October 27, 2017. Featuring guest appearances from Meek Mill, 21 Savage, Nicki Minaj, Chris Brown, and French Montana, it gave rise to the singles, Juice and Rake it Up. Also this year, he collaborated with Mike Will Made It on the mixtape, Gotti Made-It, which peaked at number 85 on the Billboard 200. A major success, it spawned the platinum track, Rake it Up which also charted in the United States. In terms of other recent songs, he was also featured in Chris Brown’s single, Pills & Automobile alongside A Boogie Wit da Hoodie, and Kodak Black earlier this year.