Originally from Hawaii, Ryan Higa has been entertaining fans with his Youtube videos since 2009. As of 2017, he has over 20 million subscribers on the site, making him one of the most popular users on the platform. Interested in learning more about the Japanese-American star? Read on below.
Ryan Higa– 2017 Facts
Occupation and Job
Youtube personality, comedian, actor
Ryan Higa is best known for his comedy videos on Youtube, on which he has amassed over 20 million subscribers to date. Since his rise to fame, he has also taken part in a few films, including Ryan and Sean’s Not So Excellent Adventure in 2008.
Age – How Old is He?
He is 27 years old
Birthday/Date of Birth
His birthday is on June 6, 1990
Place of Birth/Hometown
Ryan Higa was born in Hilo, Hawaii, where he grew up with his older brother, Kyle.
He is of Japanese descent
Ryan Higa Height, Weight & Body Facts
How Tall – Height in Feet
He is 5’8″ tall
How Tall – Height in Meters
He is 173cm tall
Weight in Pounds
He currently weighs 152 pounds
Weight in Kilograms
He currently weighs 69kg
At this time, Ryan Higa’s body measurements are unavailable
His waist size has not been disclosed
His shoe size has not been disclosed
Is Ryan Higa in a Relationship?
As far as we know, the Youtube star is currently single.
Ryan Higa’s Girlfriends
He has been in two relationships in the past (that we know of anyway). From 2006 to 2010, he dated Tarynn Nago, after which he was with Andrea Thi for a brief period.
As far as we know, Ryan Higa does not have any sisters.
The younger of two siblings, he has an older brother named Kyle Higa.
Ryan Higa does not have any children as far as we know.
As a teen, he went to Waiakea High School in Hilo, Hawaii; he later graduated in 2008. Ultimately, it was during his high school career that he first got involved with Youtube.
After completing high school, Ryan Higa moved to Las Vegas, where he majored in nuclear medicine at the University of Nevada.
According to various sources, Ryan Higa makes upwards of $150,000 per year from his Youtube channel alone.
As of 2017, Ryan Higa has an estimated net worth of $10 Million.
In his spare time, Ryan Higa likes making videos
Hamburgers and cheese are two of his favorite foods
Favorite TV Show
Favorite Music Artists
Judo- he competed in the sport throughout his teens
Born on June 6, he is a Gemini
This information is currently unknown
This information is currently unknown
Ryan Higa’s Social Media Accounts & Usernames
Ryan Higa’s Facebook Account
Ryan Higa’s Twitter Username
Ryan Higa’s Instagram Username
Ryan Higa’s Youtube Channel
Ryan Higa’s Snapchat Username
Ryan Higa’s Snapchat username is @therealryanhiga
Other Interesting Facts:
- He holds a black belt in judo, something that he completed in throughout his teen years
- He has collaborated with many individuals including Tim Enos, Kyle Chun, Tarynn Nago, Ryan Villaruel, among others
- In 2012, he launched his own production company under the name, Ryan Higa Production Company
- That same year, he helped to create the YOMYOMF Network, a Youtube channel that features the talent of a number of performers
- In 2015, he released his first single, Ignored, which featured David Choi; he has since come out with Millennial Love earlier this year
- Last year, he alongside a few friends formed Boys Generally Asian, a parody K-pop group
- His Youtube channel is currently the 21st most subscribed to on the site, with over 20 million subscribers as of November 2017
- One of the earliest Youtube stars to join the site, he has been active for longer than any channel aside from PewDiePie
- His Youtube channel was temporarily suspended for copyright infraction in 2009; though it came back later, his previous lip syncing videos have all been removed
- He has been nominated for four Streamy Awards (e.g. Best Comedy Series, First Person Series), and a Young Hollywood Award
Ryan Higa Bio – 2018 Update
Hailing from Hilo, Hawaii, Ryan Higa launched his Youtube career in mid-2006, with various lip sync videos that he had made with his friend, Sean Fujiyoshi. By 2010, the channel had reached over three million subscribers, making it the first to achieve such as a feat. Since then, his following has grown to surpass over 20 million, with more than 3.5 billion views across his videos. Today, his most popular upload, Nice Guys has been played over 74.3 million times. In addition to his primary channel, “nigahiga”, Ryan also has a secondary account, under the name “HigaTV”, to which he posts vlogs and behind the scene clips. As of November 2017, it has close to 5 million subscribers.
Aside from his Youtube endeavors, Ryan Higa has also been involved with acting. In 2008, he starred in his first feature film, Ryan and Sean’s Not So Excellent Adventure, which was produced with help from Richard Van Vleet. From there, he took part in a short film titled, Ninja Melk, which also featured Bryson Murata, Tim Enos, and his friend, Sean Fujiyoshi. With that said, what has he been up to lately- that is, aside from regularly updating his Youtube channels? In terms of acting, he recently played a lead role in the horror film, Tell Me How I Die alongside Kirby Bliss Blanton, Nathan Kross, and Virginia Gardner. On top of that, he also released a single titled, Millennial Love with Kina Grannis.