A retired figure skater, Kristi Yamaguchi won many events throughout her career including the Winter Olympics. The 1992 Olympic champion, she had also won two back-to-back gold medals at the World Championships. Many years after her retirement, she was inducted into the United States Olympic Hall of Fame. Want to know more about the former World Champion? If so, be sure to keep scrolling- more information is down below.
Kristi Yamaguchi Personal Facts – 2018 Update
Kristi Tsuya Yamaguchi
Former Figure Skater, Television Personality, Author, Actress
As a figure skater, Kristi Yamaguchi is best known for her gold medal win at the 1992 Winter Olympics in Albertville. In addition to that, she’s also noted for having won the World Championships twice. In the late 80’s, she also competed in pairs with Rudy Galindo.
Age – How Old is She?
She is 46 years old
Birthday/Date of Birth
Her birthday is on July 12, 1971
Place of Birth/Hometown
Kristi Yamaguchi was born in Hayward, California. Growing up, she and her siblings were brought up in the city of Fremont.
She is of Japanese descent (she is a third-generation descendant)
Kristi Yamaguchi Height, Weight & Body Facts
How Tall – Height in Feet
She is 5’1 tall
How Tall – Height in Meters
She is 1.55 meters tall
Weight in Pounds
Her current weight is around 93 pounds
Weight in Kilograms
Her current weight is around 42 kg
Her body measurements are unavailable at this time
Her waist size is not available
Information on his shoe size is unavailable
Is Kristi Yamaguchi Currently in a Relationship?
Kristi Yamaguchi has been with her husband, Bret Hedican, a professional ice hockey player since 2000. According to reports, the two had met during the 1992 Winter Olympic Games.
Kristi Yamaguchi’s Boyfriends
Unfortunately, we do not have information on Kristi Yamaguchi’s previous relationships at this time.
She has a sister named Lori Yamaguchi
She has a brother named Brett Yamaguchi
With her husband, she has two daughters named Emma Yoshiko, and Keara Kiyomi.
To facilitate her training at the rink, she was homeschooled for two years; she later went to Mission San Jose High School, from which she graduated from.
As far as we can tell, Kristi Yamaguchi did not attend college.
For now, information on Kristi Yamaguchi’s salary is unavailable.
As far as we know, Kristi Yamaguchi’s current net worth hovers around the $8 million mark
Since her retirement, she has enjoyed skating as a hobby
Aside from ice cream, she’s a big fan of Italian cuisine
Favorite TV Show
Favorite Music Artists
Born on July 12, she is a Cancer
This information is currently unknown
This information is currently unknown
Kristi Yamaguchi’s Social Media Accounts & Usernames
Kristi Yamaguchi’s Instagram Username
Kristi Yamaguchi’s Facebook Account
Kristi Yamaguchi’s Youtube Channel
As far as we know, Kristi Yamaguchi does not have his own YouTube channel
Kristi Yamaguchi’s Twitter Username
Kristi Yamaguchi’s Snapchat Username
Kristi Yamaguchi is not active on Snapchat
Other Interesting Facts:
- Her grandparents were sent to an internment camp during WWII, where her mother were born
- As a young child, she took up ballet and skating as a means of physical therapy for her club feet
- In 2012, she launched her own women’s activewear line called Tsu.ya, which focuses on comfort, style, and function
- In 2010, she worked as a skating analyst on NBC’s Universal Sports Network
- In 2008, she competed in ABC’s reality series, Dancing with the Stars, where she was paired with Mark Ballas; she ultimately went on to win the competition
- She has received several accolades throughout the years including an Asian Excellence Award, a Sonja Henie Award, a Thurman Munson Award, among many others
- In 2011, she published two books titled, Figure Skating for Dummies and Always Dream, Pure Gold
- In 2006, she hosted a reality TV show called Skating’s Next Star, in which a group of professional skaters competed for a cash prize of $25,000
- In 1996, she established the Always Dream Foundation, which aims to provide funding for computers, after school programs, and clothes, for underprivileged children
- She has appeared in several television shows such as D2: The Mighty Ducks, Everybody Loves Raymond, and Aladdin on Ice
- In 1993, she made a fitness video with the musical group, The California Raisins