A Canadian ice dancer, Scott Moir is a two-time Olympic champion with partner, Tessa Virtue. One of the top ice dancing teams in the world, the pair has been skating together since 1997. Together, they’ve won multiple titles over the years; for instance, they’ve won the World Championships three times, and the Canadian Championships eight times. Want to know more about the skater? If so, you’re on the right page- we’ve got more on him below.
Scott Moir Personal Facts – 2018 Update
Scott Patrick Moir
Professional Ice Dancer
With Tessa Virtue, he has won numerous competitions over the years including the World Championships, Four Continents Championships, Grand Prix Final, and Canadian National Championships. A two-time Olympic champion, the pair also recently won the gold medal at the 2018 Winter Games in South Korea.
Age – How Old is He?
He is 30 years old
Birthday/Date of Birth
His birthday is on September 2, 1987
Place of Birth/Hometown
Scott Moir was born in London, Ontario. Growing up, he was brought up in the township of Ilderton.
He is Caucasian
Scott Moir Height, Weight & Body Facts
How Tall – Height in Feet
He is 5’8 tall
How Tall – Height in Meters
He is 1.72 meters tall
Weight in Pounds
His current weight is around 165 pounds
Weight in Kilograms
His current weight is around 75 kg
His body measurements are unavailable at this time
His waist size is unknown
Information on his shoe size is unavailable
Is Scott Moir Currently in a Relationship?
As far as we can tell, Scott Moir is currently single.
Scott Moir’s Girlfriends
Unfortunately, we do not have information on Scott Moir’s previous relationships at this time.
As far as we know, Scott Moir does not have any sisters
The youngest of three children, he has two older brothers named Charlie and Danny.
As far as we know, Scott Moir does not have any children.
As a teen, he went to Medway High School in Area, Ontario.
As far as we can tell, Scott Moir has not attended college. Instead, he had been busy with his skating career
For now, information on Scott Moir’s salary is unavailable.
As far as we know, Scott Moir’s current net worth is around $2 million
In his free time, he enjoys playing golf, hockey and for the Popla Hill flyers
Barbecue steak and potatoes are his favorite
The Essential Wooden by Steve Jamison
Favorite TV Show
Grace Too by The Tragically Hip
Born on September 2, he is a Virgo
This information is currently unknown
This information is currently unknown
Scott Moir’s Social Media Accounts & Usernames
Scott Moir’s Instagram Username
Scott Moir’s Facebook Account
Scott Moir’s Youtube Channel
As far as we know, Scott Moir does not have his own YouTube channel
Scott Moir’s Twitter Username
Scott Moir’s Snapchat Username
As far as we know, Scott Moir is not active on Snapchat
Other Interesting Facts:
- Initially coached by his aunt, it was she who had paired him up with Tessa Virtue in 1997- he was ten years old at the time
- Born into a skating family, his cousins Cara and Sheri Moir had both competed at the 2007 World Synchronized Skating Championships
- Together with Tessa, he has gone on many Stars on Ice tours, which have brought them to countries as far as Japan
- In 2013, a television show called Tessa and Scott was released, which focused on their preparations and training for the Olympic Games
- Prior to skating together, the two had skated individually at the same skating club in London, Ontario
- A year after pairing up, she official began to take part in ice dance competitions in 1998; their first event was the Western Ontario Invitational Competition
- By the end of the 2001-02 season, they moved to Kitchener-Waterloo, to facilitate their training on the ice
- In January 2018, he and Tessa were chosen as Canada’s flag bearers for the 2018 Olympic Winter Games opening ceremony in Pyeongchang
- His favorite quote is “Life is a garden, dig it!” by Joe Dirt
- If he wasn’t an ice dancer, he would have probably gone for ice hockey
- When it comes to texting, he isn’t much of an emoji kind of guy