Hailing from England, Eddie Edwards is best known for being the first ski jumper to represent Great Britain at the Winter Olympics. Though he finished last at the event, his efforts had yielded him a considerable amount of media attention. Recently, his Olympic journey was portrayed in the biographical film, Eddie the Eagle. Want to learn more about the former athlete? Keep scrolling down, we’ve got more on him down below.
Eddie Edwards Personal Facts – 2018 Update
Eddie Edwards, Eddie the Eagle
Ski Jumper, TV Personality
Eddie Edwards is best known for having been the only ski jumper to represent Great Britain at the 1988 Winter Olympics. Though he didn’t win any medals, he did go on to set a new British ski jumping record.
Age – How Old is He?
He is 54 years old
Birthday/Date of Birth
His birthday is on December 5, 1963
Place of Birth/Hometown
Eddie Edwards was born in Cheltenham, England. Growing up, however, he spent most of his time in Lake Placid, New York, where began ski jumping under the guidance of Chuck Berghorn and John Viscome.
He is British
Eddie Edwards Height, Weight & Body Facts
How Tall – Height in Feet
He is 5’7 tall
How Tall – Height in Meters
He is 1.73 meters tall
Weight in Pounds
His current weight is around 181 pounds
Weight in Kilograms
His current weight is around 82 kg
His body measurements are unavailable at this time
His waist size is unknown
Information on his shoe size is unavailable
Is Eddie Edwards Currently in a Relationship?
As far as we can tell, Eddie Edwards is currently single. Previously, he had been married to Samantha Morton from 2003 to 2016; they later got a divorce.
Eddie Edwards’ Girlfriends
At this time, we do not have any information on Eddie Edwards’ previous relationships.
One of three siblings, he has a sister named Elizabeth Edwards
One of three siblings, he has a brother named Duncan Edwards
He has children with his ex-wife, whom he sees on a regular basis
At this time, we do not have any information on Eddie Edwards’ high school career.
Sometime after finishing his secondary education, he studied at De Montfort University. Further details are unknown at this time.
For now, information on Eddie Edwards’ salary is unavailable.
Unfortunately, information on Eddie Edwards’ 2018 net worth is unavailable
Favorite TV Show
Favorite Music Artists
Born on December 5, she is a Sagittarius
This information is currently unknown
This information is currently unknown
Eddie Edwards’ Social Media Accounts & Usernames
Eddie Edwards’ Instagram Username
Eddie Edwards’ Facebook Account
Eddie Edwards’ Youtube Channel
Eddie Edwards does not have a YouTube channel, as far as we can tell
Eddie Edwards’ Twitter Username
Eddie Edwards’ Snapchat Username
Eddie Edwards is not active on Snapchat.
Other Interesting Facts:
- His nickname “Eddie” was given to him by his school friends
- Initially, when he first started to ski, he wore his coach’s equipment; for the boots to fit, he had to wear many pairs of socks
- Not only was he disadvantaged by his weight early in his career, but he also had to self-fund most of his training
- Farsighted, he had to wear thick glasses underneath his ski goggles, which often times misted up in high altitudes
- He stayed at a mental hospital briefly in the 1980’s, as he did not have enough funds for proper accommodation
- In 1987, he represented Britain for the first time at the World Championships in West Germany
- Despite the fact that he finished in 55th place at the Worlds, he qualified for the 1988 Winter Olympics as the sole representative of Great Britain
- In 1988, he was the best, and only ski jumper in the U.K. with a record of 73.5m
- In 2016, his journey to the Olympics was chronicled in the biographical film, Eddie the Eagle
- In the biographical film, he was played by actor Taron Egerton
- He was one of the torchbearers in the relay during the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver
- In 2012, he competed in the BBC game show, Let’s Dance for Sport Relief, where get made it through to the final
- In the past, he released a book titled, On the Piste