A former figure skater, Johnny Weir had represented the United States at the Winter Olympics twice (2006 and 2010). A three-time U.S. national champion, he eventually retired from competition in 2013. With that said, he continues to perform in ice shows throughout the year. Aside from skating, however, he has also chosen to pursue a career as a television commentator. Want more facts on the two-time Olympic? Keep scrolling down, we’ve accumulated more on him below.
Johnny Weir Personal Facts – 2018 Update
Johnny Garvin Weir
Figure Skater, Television Commentator, Fashion Designer
As a figure skater, he is perhaps best known for representing the U.S. at the 2006 and 2010 Winter Olympics. In addition to that, his accomplishments also include medals at the Grand Prix Final, World Championships, and World Junior Championships.
Age – How Old is He?
He is 33 years old
Birthday/Date of Birth
His birthday is on July 2, 1984
Place of Birth/Hometown
Johnny Weir was born in Coatesville, Pennsylvania. Growing up, he and his younger brother were brought up in the town of Quarryville.
He is of Norwegian descent
Johnny Weir Height, Weight & Body Facts
How Tall – Height in Feet
He is 5’8 1/2 tall
How Tall – Height in Meters
He is 1.75 meters tall
Weight in Pounds
His current weight is approximately 139 pounds
Weight in Kilograms
His current weight is approximately 63 kg
His body measurements are unavailable at this time
His waist size is unknown
Information on his shoe size is unavailable
Is Johnny Weir Currently in a Relationship?
The last that we’d heard, he had started a relationship with Victor Voronov, a German ice dancer.
Johnny Weir’s Partners
Openly gay, he had previously been married to a lawyer, Victor Voronov. After four years of marriage, they separated and filed for divorce in 2015.
As far as we know, Johnny Weir does not have any sisters
The oldest of two children, he has a younger brother named Brian, who is four years younger than him.
As far as we know, Johnny Weir does not have any children
As a student, he attended Newark High School in Delaware, where he was an honorific roll student. During the summer, he often traveled to Lyndhurst, New Jersey for training.
Sometime after completing high school, he enrolled at the University of Delaware, where he studied linguistics. Prior to finishing the program, however, he dropped out to focus entirely on his skating career.
For now, information on Johnny Weir’s salary is unavailable.
Unfortunately, information on Johnny Weir’s 2018 net worth is unavailable
According to his official bio, his hobbies include traveling, listening to music, and fashion
He is a big fan of salads- in particular, a Salad Olivier (a Russian salad with ham, mayonnaise, and pickles
Child 44 by Tom Rob Smit and The Charm School by Nelson Demille
Favorite TV Show
Favorite Music Artists
Born on July 2, he is a Cancer
This information is currently unknown
This information is currently unknown
Johnny Weir’s Social Media Accounts & Usernames
Johnny Weir’s Instagram Username
Johnny Weir’s Facebook Account
Johnny Weir’s Youtube Channel
Johnny Weir does not have a YouTube channel, as far as we can tell
Johnny Weir’s Twitter Username
Johnny Weir’s Snapchat Username
Johnny Weir is not active on Snapchat.
Other Interesting Facts:
- Since retiring from competition, he has performed with a number of ice shows including Champion on Ice
- In 2009, his skating career was chronicled in a documentary film titled, Pop Star on Ice
- Heh as appeared in several TV programmings over the years including When I Was 17, Skating with the Stars, The Rachael Zoe Project, and Say Yes to the Dress, among others
- In 2011, he published an autobiography, Welcome to My World, in which he discusses his skating career
- In 2011, he released a single titled, Dirty Love, which was produced by Lucian Piane
- In 2010, he launched his own line of clothing called Be Unique
- A philanthropist at heart, he is on the board of Governors of nPlay, a nonprofit that aims to fight against childhood obesity
- In 2010, he helped to raise money for The Trevor Project, a nonprofit organization that focuses on preventing suicide among gay, bisexual, lesbian, and transgender youth
- Not long after announcing his retirement, he revealed that he would be joining NBC Olympics as a skating analyst