A world record holder, Katie Ledecky has won a total of fourteen world titles and five Olympic golds. Last year alone, she had finished first on the podium five separate times at the World Championships. One of the most decorated female athletes in the country, she has won numerous awards including three US Olympic Committee Female Awards. Want to learn more about the Olympian? Keep scrolling, we’ve got more facts for you down below.
Katie Ledecky Personal Facts – 2018 Update
Kathleen Genevieve Ledecky
Katie Ledecky is known for being one of the most decorated female athletes in the United States. Not only does she have 14 World Champion titles, but she has also won five Olympic gold medals.
Age – How Old is She?
She is 20 years old
Birthday/Date of Birth
Her birthday is on March 17, 1997
Place of Birth/Hometown
Katie Ledecky was born in Washington, D.C. Growing up, she was raised in Bethesda, Maryland, with her older brother.
She is of Irish and Czech descent
Katie Ledecky Height, Weight & Body Facts
How Tall – Height in Feet
She is 6’0 tall
How Tall – Height in Meters
She is 1.83 meters tall
Weight in Pounds
Her current weight is around 160 pounds
Weight in Kilograms
Her current weight is around 73 kg
Her body measurements are unavailable at this time
Her waist size is unknown
Information on her shoe size is unavailable
Is Katie Ledecky Currently in a Relationship?
As far as we can tell, Katie Ledecky is currently single and not in a relationship.
Katie Ledecky’s Boyfriends
Unfortunately, we do not have any information on Katie Ledecky’s prior relationships.
Mary Gen Ledecky
As far as we know, Katie Ledecky does not have any sisters
She has an older brother named Michael. Ultimately, it was under his influence that she took up swimming at the age of six.
Katie Ledecky does not have any children.
As a teen, she went to Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart, where she swam for the school team. In fact, she had set the American record twice during her high school career.
After graduating high school, she chose to attend Stanford University on an athletic scholarship.
For now, information on Katie Ledecky’s salary is unavailable.
Unfortunately, information on Katie Ledecky’s 2018 net worth is unavailable
Her hobbies include playing the piano, volunteering, chess, and scrabble
She likes eating healthy foods
Favorite TV Show
Favorite Music Artists
Born on March 17, she is a Pisces
This information is currently unknown
This information is currently unknown
Katie Ledecky’s Social Media Accounts & Usernames
Katie Ledecky’s Instagram Username
Katie Ledecky’s Facebook Account
Katie Ledecky’s Youtube Channel
Katie Ledecky does not have a YouTube channel, as far as we can tell
Katie Ledecky’s Twitter Username
Katie Ledecky’s Snapchat Username
Katie Ledecky is not active on Snapchat.
Other Interesting Facts:
- Born into a swimming family, her mother had swum for the University of New Mexico
- During her time at high school, she set new records in every swimming event at Stone Ridge School aside from the 100m breaststroke
- She qualified for her first Olympics after placing first in the 800m freestyle at the 2012 US Olympic Trials (which also happened to be her first competition on the senior national level)
- For three consecutive years (2013-2016), she was named World Swimmer of the Year by Swimming World
- She is not one of those swimmers who listen to music right before a swimming race
- A philanthropist at heart, she contributes to various non-profit organizations such as Bikes for the World, Wounded Warriors, and Catholic Charities
- In 2016, she became the youngest person to make the “Time 100 Most Influential” list
- During the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, she was the youngest member of the US Team, at just fifteen years old
- She holds a number of world records including those in the 400m, 800, and 1500m freestyle events
- As of 2016, she was working on getting her driving license; fortunately, her parents do not mind shuttling her to and from her swimming sessions
- After training at the local pool in the morning, she enjoys eating a tomato, cheese, and bacon omelet at Ize’s Deli