Representing the United States, Maia Shibutani recently won a bronze medal in the ice dancing event at the 2018 Winter Olympics with her brother, Alex. Having competed together since 2004, the siblings have medalled at numerous events over the years including the Four Continents Championships, World Championships, and Grand Prix Final. Want to read more about the talented skater? We’ve accumulated more facts on her down below.
Maia Shibutani Personal Facts – 2018 Update
Maia Harumi Shibutani
Together with her brother Alex, Maia has won several ice dancing competitions including a bronze medal at the recent 2018 Winter Games. A two-time US national champion, the pair are the first ice dancers of Asian descent to achieve such a feat.
Age – How Old is She?
She is 23 years old
Birthday/Date of Birth
Her birthday is on July 20, 1994
Place of Birth/Hometown
Maia Shibutani was born in New York City. Growing up, she spent her early years in Greenwich, Connecticut; she later moved to Colorado Springs.
She is of Japanese descent
Maia Shibutani Height, Weight & Body Facts
How Tall – Height in Feet
She is 5’3 tall
How Tall – Height in Meters
She is 1.60 meters tall
Weight in Pounds
Her current weight is around 112 pounds
Weight in Kilograms
Her current weight is around 51 kg
Her body measurements are unavailable at this time
Her waist size is unknown
Information on his shoe size is unavailable
Is Maia Shibutani Currently in a Relationship?
As far as we can tell, Maia Shibutani’is currently single.
Maia Shibutani’s Boyfriends
Unfortunately, we do not have information on Maia Shibutani’s previous relationships at this time.
As far as we know, Maia Shibutani does not have any sisters
She has an older brother named Alex Shibutani, whom she competes with in skating.
As far as we know, Maia Shibutani does not have any children.
For a period, she was home schooled due to her training schedule. After moving to Ann Arbor, Michigan, she went to and graduated from Huron High School.
In the fall of 2012, she began studying at the University of Michigan.
For now, information on Maia Shibutani’s salary is unavailable.
Unfortunately, information on Maia Shibutani’s 2018 net worth is unavailable
When she’s off the ice, she enjoys cooking, vlogging, reading, and traveling, among other things
Chocolate is one of her favorite snacks
Favorite TV Show
Born on July 20, she is a Cancer
This information is currently unknown
This information is currently unknown
Maia Shibutani’s Social Media Accounts & Usernames
Maia Shibutani’s Instagram Username
Maia Shibutani’s Facebook Account
Maia Shibutani’s Youtube Channel
She and Alex runs a Youtube channel together which you can visit here
Maia Shibutani’s Twitter Username
Maia Shibutani’s Snapchat Username
Maia Shibutani’s Snapchat username is @ShibSibs (shared with her brother, Alex)
Other Interesting Facts:
- One of her hidden talents include being extremely organized and able to keep up with people
- Originally a single skater, she was coached by Slavka Kohout Button, prior to switching to ice dance in 2004
- They are the first sibling duo to ever compete and win an ice dancing Olympic medal together
- They became the first ice dancers of Asian descent to win a bronze medal at the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang
- With her brother, she has won several awards including two Team of the Month Awards from the U.S. Olympic Committee
- Some of the brands that she’s worked with include Coca-Cola, Tumi Inc., Ralph Lauren, The Hershey Company, and Smucker’s
- Last year, she made a special appearance on the Nickelodeon series, Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn, alongside Alex
- On YouTube, they are known for their popular lip sync videos which feature figure skaters from around the world including Mao Asada, Yuzuru Hanyu, and Charlie White, to name a few
- As of 2018, they have gained over 90,000 subscribers on YouTube, where they’ve posted over 90 videos
- They made their 2017-18 debut at the 2017 Rostelcom Cup, where they won the medal with a total score of 189.24 points
- She has worked with several charitable organizations including The Jimmy Fund, One Fund Boston, and NOH8 Campaign
- Last year, she was named Sports Envoys by the U.S. State Department