A Norwegian cross-country skier, Marit Bjorgen recently won five Olympic medals at the 2018 Winter Games in PyeongChang. Prior to that, she had also represented Norway at the 2006, 2010, and 2016 Olympic Games. Highly celebrated, she is currently the most successful World Cup sprinter, with 29 individual victories. Interested in learning more about the five-time Olympian? We’ve got more information on her down below- so stick around.
Marit Bjorgen Personal Facts – 2018 Update
Competitive Cross Country Skier
A cross-country skier, Marit Bjorgen currently has the most medals in the history of the Winter Olympics. Most recently, she won two gold medals in the 4 x 5km relay and 30km classical events.
In addition to her achievements there, she has also won the gold medal twenty-nine times at the Cross-Country World Cup event over the years.
Age – How Old is She?
She is 37 years old
Birthday/Date of Birth
Her birthday is on March 21, 1980
Place of Birth/Hometown
Marit Bjorgen was born and raised in Trondheim, Norway, where she picked up skiing at a young age.
She is Norwegian
Marit Bjorgen Height, Weight & Body Facts
How Tall – Height in Feet
She is 5’6 tall
How Tall – Height in Meters
She is 1.68 meters tall
Weight in Pounds
Her current weight is around 141 pounds
Weight in Kilograms
Her current weight is around 64 kg
Her body measurements are unavailable at this time
Her waist size is unknown
Information on his shoe size is unavailable
Is Marit Bjorgen Currently in a Relationship?
Marit Bjorgen has been in a relationship with the former Olympic champion, Fred Borre Lundberg, for several years.
Marit Bjorgen’s Boyfriends
Unfortunately, we do not have information on Marit Bjorgen’s previous relationships at this time.
She has a sister named Kari Bjorgen
She has a brother named Anders Bjorgen
In 2015, it was announced that she would not be competing in the upcoming season as she was pregnant with her first child.
Unfortunately, information on Marit Bjorgen’s high school education is not available at this time
As far as we can tell, Marit Bjorgen has not attended college.
For now, information on Marit Bjorgen’s salary is unavailable.
Unfortunately, information on Marit Bjorgen’s 2018 net worth is unavailable
Her hobbies include spending time with friends and family
Seafood is her favorite
Favorite TV Show
Born on March 21, she is an Aries
This information is currently unknown
This information is currently unknown
Marit Bjorgen’s Social Media Accounts & Usernames
Marit Bjorgen’s Instagram Username
Marit Bjorgen’s Facebook Account
Marit Bjorgen’s Youtube Channel
Marit Bjorgen does not have a YouTube channel, as far as we can tell
Marit Bjorgen’s Twitter Username
Marit Bjorgen’s Snapchat Username
As far as we know, Marit Bjorgen is not active on Snapchat
Other Interesting Facts:
- In 2010, she was the recipient of the Holmenkollen Medal, the highest honor for winter athletes in Norway
- In the summer of 2015, she announced that she was pregnant and due to give birth in December 2015; this ultimately ruled her out of competition in the 2015-16 season
- She first started to compete at the age of seven; she eventually began organized training at age twelve
- A week prior to the 2006 Winter Games, she suffered from bronchitis, for which she was prescripted antibiotics for
- After sustaining a hip injury in early 2016, she took a few month’s break; it wasn’t until later in September that she returned to competition
- In 2012, she was forced to withdraw from an event after being admitted to the hospital for heart abnormalities
- Her greatest inspirations are Norwegian cross-country skiers Bente Skari and Bjorn Daehlie
- At the age of 33, she became the oldest female to win a gold medal in cross-country skiing at the Olympic Winter Games
- A five-time Olympian, she has competed in every Winter Olympics since her debut at the 2002 Winter Games in Salt Lake City
- At the 2010 Winter Games in Vancouver, she headed the medal table with a total of five medals- three of which were gold
- She has won a total of eighteen gold medals at the World Championships since 2003
- Growing up, she and her siblings were brought up on a small farm in a small town called Rognes
- As a young girl, she enjoyed other sports besides skiing such as handball and football