A competitive swimmer, Rebecca Adlington had represented Great Britain at a number of international competitions throughout her career. Not only is she a world champion, but she had also won two gold medals at the 2008 Summer Olympics. Four years afterward, she also medalled at the 2012 Summer Games in London. Want to learn more about the athlete? We’ve gathered more details on her below.
Rebecca Adlington Personal Facts – 2018 Update
Competitive Swimmer (Formerly), TV Personality
As a competitive swimmer, Rebecca Adlington is perhaps best known for her two gold medal victories at the 2008 Summer Olympics. A World Champion, she later also won two bronze medals in the 400m and 800m freestyle events at the 2012 Summer Games in London.
Age – How Old is She?
She is 29 years old
Birthday/Date of Birth
Her birthday is on February 17, 1989
Place of Birth/Hometown
Rebecca Adlington was born in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, where she started to swim at a young age.
She is British
Rebecca Adlington Height, Weight & Body Facts
How Tall – Height in Feet
She is 5’9 tall
How Tall – Height in Meters
She is 1.79 meters tall
Weight in Pounds
Her current weight is around 150 pounds
Weight in Kilograms
Her current weight is around 70 kg
Her body measurements are unavailable at this time
Her waist size is unknown
She wears a size 10 (US) shoe
Is Rebecca Adlington Currently in a Relationship?
As far as we know, she is currently in a relationship with Thomas Haffield. Just last summer, the two headed off for an exotic trip to Mexico.
Rebecca Adlington’s Boyfriends
Previously, the swimmer was married to Harry Needs. After eighteen months of marriage, however, the two decided to split.
She has two sisters named Chloe and Laura. In 2005, the latter experienced a brush of death after being affected by encephalitis. Regarding the incident, Adlington stated that it had inspired her to train harder at the time.
As far as we know, Rebecca Adlington does not have any brothers.
With her ex-husband, she has a daughter named Summer, who was born in 2015.
As a teen, she went to The Brunts School in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire.
After completing her secondary education, she went to the University of Nottingham.
For now, information on Rebecca Adlington’s salary is unavailable.
Unfortunately, information on Rebecca Adlington’s 2018 net worth is unavailable
Favorite TV Show
Favorite Music Artists
Born on February 17, she is an Aquarius
This information is currently unknown
This information is currently unknown
Rebecca Adlington’s Social Media Accounts & Usernames
Rebecca Adlington’s Instagram Username
Rebecca Adlington’s Facebook Account
Rebecca Adlington’s Youtube Channel
Rebecca Adlington does not have a YouTube channel, as far as we can tell
Rebecca Adlington’s Twitter Username
Rebecca Adlington’s Snapchat Username
Rebecca Adlington is not active on Snapchat.
Other Interesting Facts:
- Her great uncle was Terry Adlington, a former goalkeeper for Derby County
- At the age of nineteen, she represented Great Britain for the first time at the 2008 Summer Olympics
- In 2016, she was featured as one of the contestants on the reality show, The Jump, though a dislocated shoulder ultimately led her to withdraw a few weeks in
- During the 2016 Summer Olympics, she served as one of the members of BBC’s presenting team for the swimming events alongside Mark Foster and Helen Skelton
- In 2013, she competed in the 13th season of I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!
- She has been featured in many other shows such as Celebrity MasterChef, 8 Out of 10 Cats, Who Wants to be a Millionaire, and I Love My Country
- The swimming pool that she used to go to as a child was renamed the “Rebecca Adlington Swimming Centre” in 2010, after a refurbishment
- In 2008, she received the Sportswoman of the Year award from the Sports Journalist’s Association
- She has medalled at the European Championships three times- one of which is a gold for the 400m freestyle event
- At the age of twenty-three, she announced her retirement from competition in February 2013
- In 2014, she tied the knot with Harry Needs, a former swimmer; they later divorced in 2016
- A member of the Nova Centurion Club, she used to be coached by Bill Furniss