Rex Tillerson is currently the Trump administration’s Secretary of State. He is the first US Secretary of State with no experience in politics. Before that, he was the CEO of Exxon Mobile and the Director of Boy Scouts of America.
About Rex Tillerson
Real Name: The Secretary of State’s full name is Rex Wayne Tillerson.
Nickname: His nickname when he worked at ExxonMobile was Wayne Tracker, according to an article by CNN.
Occupation & Job: He is the current Secretary of State for America under the Trump administration.
Famous For: He was the President of the Boy Scouts of America in 2010 and 2011, and during his reign, he strongly pushed for including gay children in the organization. He was also the CEO of ExxonMobile before taking the Secretary of State position in the first year of the Trump Presidency.
Age: He is 65 years old.
Birthday / DOB: His date of birth is March 23rd, 1952.
Place of Birth / Hometown: Rex was born in Wichita Falls, Texas.
Nationality: He is American.
Ethnicity: He is Caucasian.
Height, Weight & Body
How Tall – Height in Meters: Rex Tillerson is 1.78 meters tall.
How Tall – Height in Feet: He is 5 feet 10 inches tall, which is almost half a foot shorter than the President, Donald Trump.
Weight in Pounds: Rex weighs about 170 pounds.
Weight in Kilograms: His weight in kilograms is 76kg.
Bra Size: n/a
Waist Size: His waist size is unknown.
Hip Size: Rex’s hip size is unknown.
Eye Color: He has dark blue eyes.
Hair Color: He has gone fully gray.
Foot/Shoe Size: His shoe size is unknown.
Dress Size: n/a
Personal Life ( Relationships, family, education, Net Worth)
Married: He has been married since 1986.
Wife: Rex married Renda St Clair.
Father: His father is Bob Tillerson.
Mother: His mother’s name is Patty Tillerson.
Brother: Rex does not have any brothers.
Sister: He has two sisters.
Children: He has three children. His youngest son’s name is Tyler.
High School: He attended Huntsville
Did They Go To College: He graduated with a Bachelor’s of Science from the University of Texas at Austin.
Salary: Rex’s salary is $186,600 as Secretary of State.
Net Worth: Rex’s net worth is calculated to be about $300 million by CelebrityNetWorth.
Sexuality: Rex is straight, but he did advocate for gay youth as the President of the Eagle Scouts.
Hobbies: Riding the horses he raises along with his wife.
Favorite Movie: We do not know his favorite movie.
Favorite Sports: Rex enjoys horseback riding.
Address: His address is unknown.
Phone Number: His phone number is unknown.
Social Media Accounts & Usernames
Rex Tillerson does not have his own personal profile or official page on any social media page. You can keep up with what he his doing by the staff-run official State Department Facebook page. It is followed by 1.8 million people.
The State Department Twitter was founded in the Fall of 2007. Since then, it has posted 53.3k times and is followed by 4.96 million people.
When you’re thinking of who to follow on Instagram, you’re almost certainly not thinking of the State Department. That sentiment is reflected in the mere 199k followers on the site, as compared to the millions of followers on the other social media sites.
Other Cool Facts:
- Rex moved around when he was a kid – he and his parents lived in Stillwater, OK; Vernon, TX; and Huntsville, TX.
- He was in the Huntsville High School Band where he played both the snare drum as well as the kettle drums. He led the percussion section during his time in the band.
- He went on to join the marching band in college.
- Rex began working at the early age of 14. He was employed by a local University as a busboy before he moved onto being a janitor at the same University. He also picked cotton at a local farm on the weekends.
- He began working for Exxon soon after he graduated from the University of Texas in the mid-1970s.
- Rex used an alias to write emails for Exxon for over seven years known as Wayne Tracker. This was brought to light when Exxon was investigated Exxon for potentially misleading their stockholders regarding the effects of climate change.
- Rex Tillerson was suggested to his current position within the US government by George W Bush’s Secretary of State, Condoleezza Rice.
- He was rumored to call Trump a “moron” after a meeting that went south. He has gone against President Trump on multiple issues, wanting the US to stay in the Paris climate accord and hoping to deal with North Korea with diplomacy instead of force.