Nothing is more important than getting a good night’s sleep. After all, sleep deprivation can greatly impact our day-to-day performance. Not only does it affect our mood, but it increases our risk of certain health conditions such as diabetes and heart disease.
There are many things that can affect our sleep—stress, caffeine, exercise, special diets, you name it. But did you know that your mattress plays a big role as well? That’s right, it’s actually one of the things that will determine the quality of sleep that you get each night.
A good mattress will not only be comfortable, but it will be firm enough to support your back. Sure, they might be on the pricey side, but your sleep is worth it. Don’t forget, we spend one-third of our lives sleeping in bed!
How a Mattress can Enhance Your Health
Don’t underestimate your mattress—it can enhance your health in more than one way!
For one thing, new mattresses can reduce allergy symptoms. The reasoning is simple; dust mites thrive in bedding—this is especially true if you’ve had your mattress for many years. You won’t be exposed to these allergens (not nearly as much, anyway) with a new mattress.
A good-quality mattress will also make it easier to cope with regular stress. This makes sense when you think about it—the better your sleep quality, the better you’ll be able to manage the things that are going on in life.
Do you ever get back pain or joint stiffness in the morning? These issues can also be resolved with a quality mattress. By choosing one that’s right for you, you will likely be able to ease your symptoms.
Tips on How to Buy a Good Mattress:
1. Do your research—avoid impulsive buying at the store.
2. Make sure that the mattress provides enough support. Otherwise, you might wake up with aches and pains!
3. Remember to factor in your sleeping style! That will determine the firmness that you need.
4. Don’t skimp and buy something of subpar quality. A good mattress can easily last up to 10 years!
5. Test out the mattress whenever possible. Is it hard to turn over on? How soft is it?
Premium Mattresses by BedStory
In the market for a new mattress? Consider the ones by BedStory. Who are they? They are a group of sleeping experts with more than 35 years of experience in the bedding industry. Their mission is to provide their customers with quality products—ones that will provide luxurious sleep and comfort.
Like most brands, they have their own official website, from which you can purchase their items. Aside from mattresses, which are their bestsellers, they also sell toppers and different kinds of pillows.
For your convenience, their products are also available for purchase on Amazon. What’s great about this is that you get to take advantage of the site’s free two-day shipping!
A Look at the Different Mattresses by BedStory
BedStory offers a variety of mattresses to choose from—surely, there’s one that’s suitable for you! We’ll be taking a look at their differences below.
The company sells two different types of hybrid mattresses. What are hybrid mattresses? They are unique in that they contain both an inner spring system and memory foam. Ultimately, what this means is that they deliver the benefits of both technologies. If anything, these mattresses have only grown in popularity over the past years.
The 12 Inch Gel Hybrid Mattress is one of their most popular products. Featuring gel visco, it will allow you to sleep much better than traditional mattresses.
For one thing, it contains two layers of convoluted foam—this provides the perfect amount of support and breathability. On top of that, it comes with an all wrapped coil system inside, which reduces the sensation of movement. In other words, you won’t feel your partner rolling around in bed!
- Gel-infused memory foam adapts to the curves of your body
- Ergonomically designed with convoluted foam
- Individual springs provide exceptional support
Foam is CertiPUR-US certified, durable, and eco-friendly (as with the rest of their mattresses)
Different sizes are available including Twin, Full, Queen, and King.
The BedStory 12 Inch Gel Hybrid Mattress starts at $225.99, which is quite affordable for something of its quality.
For your convenience, the company accepts a variety of payment options. For instance, you can check out on their website using Paypal. Alternatively, you can pay with your credit card either through their site or through Amazon.
What People Have to Say about the 12 Inch Gel Hybrid Mattress
BedStory’s 12 Inch Gel Hybrid Mattress has a five-star rating on Amazon. Let’s see what some of the customers have to say about the product.
- Construction is comparable to that of high-end mattresses
- Perfect balance of firm and soft
- Great for all types of sleepers
- “Pops out” easily out of the packaging (easy to unwrap as well)
- Firmly supports the spine
- Takes time to expand fully out of the box
BedStory also offers 10 Inch Latex Hybrid Mattresses. Not only is the outside made from knit fabric, which dries quickly and absorbs moisture, but the inside features an encases coil system and a latex layer.
The perfect balance between firmness and softness, it is guaranteed to provide a good night’s sleep.
- Constructed with two 7” layers of air-circulation foam for maximum breathability
- Ergonomic design allows it to mold to the sleeper’s body shape
- Keeps you cool throughout the night
- Great for side, back, and stomach sleepers
As one would expect, it comes in several different sizes including:
Twin (39” x 75” x 10”) – $189.99
Full (54” x 75” x 10”) – $245.99
Queen (60” x 80” x 10”) – $289.99
King (76” x 80” x 10”) – $345.99
BedStory Latex Hybrid Mattresses are incredibly affordable. As noted above, they range from $189.99 to $345.99, depending on the size of your bed.
To give you a better idea of where that stands price-wise, most hybrid mattresses go for more than $350 on Amazon. Some are even in the $1,000+ range!
What People Have to Say About the Hybrid Mattress
The hybrid mattress has mostly positive reviews on Amazon. Here’s what some of the customers have to say about the product:
- Minimal odor out of the packaging
- Construction is solid and well-built
- Mattress is packaged well in transport
- Takes up to 72 hours to expand fully out of the packaging
BedStory Memory Foam Mattresses
Aside from hybrid mattresses, they also offer two types of memory foam mattress.
Memory Foam Mattresses
What’s so special about memory foam mattresses? They are known for displacing pressure along the body, which helps to relieve body aches, pains, and soreness. Compared to traditional mattresses (ones that consist of an innerspring), they can reduce the amount of pressure by upwards of 50%.
This memory foam mattress is unique in that it comes infused with Lavender. A natural air purifier, it has been shown to relieve stress—something that helps to increase sleep quality.
Similar to their hybrid mattress, the outer cover is made from knit fabric. The inside, however, features seven inches of convoluted foam, which molds to your body while you sleep. It’s cool and comfortable!
- The foam is eco-friendly, durable, and flame-resistant
- Supported by a 2.5” high-density base
- Two 7-inch air circulation foam layers in the center
Topped off with a 2.5” lavender pure memory foam layer
It comes in many different sizes including:
Full (54” x 75” x 12”) – $189.99
Queen (60” x 80” x 12”) – $269.99
King (76” x 80” x 12”) – $429.99
California King (72” x 84” x 12”) – $439.99
BedStory’s Lavender Infused Memory Foam Mattress costs a little more than their hybrid mattresses (unless you’re buying the “Full” size, in which it’s the same price). The prices, as noted above, range from $189.99 to $439.99.
If you’re buying them on Amazon, however, you might be able to snag a deal. Every once in a while, they’ll have lightning deals or coupon codes that you can apply to your order. It’s definitely worth checking out!
What People Have to Say About the Lavender-Infused Mattress
The lavender-infused mattress has a 4.5-star rating on Amazon. Here’s what some of the customers have to say about the product:
- Lavender scent is pleasant and not overwhelming
- Super easy to set up (i.e. expands quickly after you take it out of the packaging)
- The mattress is firm and supportive
- No chemical smell upon unbagging the mattress
- Helps to relieve back pain and muscle soreness
- Might take a couple of days to get used to
- Heavy to move out of the box
Aside from their lavender-infused mattress, Bedstory also sells 12 Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattresses. Not only are they incredibly soft, but they come with a hypoallergenic cover that is breathable and easy to clean. The cooling bamboo charcoal gel layer also provides maximum comfort and airflow.
One of the best things about their gel memory foam mattresses is that the visco memory foam layer molds perfectly to your body. In doing so, it alleviates your pressure points, which gets rid of back pain and soreness.
- Perfect for stomach, side, or back sleepers
- Made from 3” gel-infused memory foam that adjusts to your body weight
- Features 6” high-density foam for back support
- Bamboo charcoal is breathable and moisture-wicking
- Naturally hypoallergenic—great for those with skin irritation or allergies
It comes in many different sizes including:
Twin (74” x 38” x 12”) – $235.99
Full (74” x 53” x 12”) – $345.99
Queen (79” x 59” x 12”) – $399.99
King (80” x 76” x 12”) – $499.99
California King (84” x 72” x 12”) – Unavailable
Their Gel Memory Foam mattress is slightly more expensive than their Lavender-Infused model. As you can see above, the prices range from $235.99 to $499.99. Compared to other ones on Amazon, however, they are still quite competitive.
As always, you want to be on the alert for sales on Amazon, which happens more than you think!
What People Have to Say About the Gel Memory Foam Mattress
BedStory’s Gel Memory Foam Mattress has overwhelmingly positive reviews on Amazon. Here’s the gist of what people have to say about the product:
- Easy to handle as it rolls out of the box (as with their other mattresses)
- Provides pressure point relief
- Prevents back pain with amazing support
- Great quality for price point
- Comfortable to sleep on in any position
- Firmness might take a little while to get used to
- Takes a while to expand fully (as with their other mattresses)
The Verdict on BedStory Mattresses
BedStory offers a variety of high-quality mattresses for more than reasonable prices. Not only do their products come with free shipping from Amazon, but they are backed by a 10-year warranty. As if that wasn’t great enough, they also provide their customers with lifetime after-sale services—all you have to do is contact them on their on website: BedStory. They’ll also be happy to help if, at any time, you experience issues with your mattress.
Considering all that, you really can’t go wrong with one of their mattresses. Sure, you might not be able to “test them out” per se, but that’s what the reviews are for, right? As long as you do your research, chances are, you’ll be more than satisfied with the product!