If you are a fan of the retro console games but don’t want to jailbreak to install a games emulator, then we have the answer. It comes in the form of HappyChick emulator app; released a while ago, the app has just been updated to support iOS 13 and Android 9 Pie. Easy to install and use, HappyChick emulator brings those games right back to your mobile device, whenever you want, wherever you are. At one time, a jailbreak would have been needed for this, but that is no longer the case.
What is HappyChick Emulator App?
HappyChick is a piece of software that allows users to play retro console games on their iOS or Android mobile device. It also supports some of the newer games and works on all devices, but it works best on those with 2GB RAM or more. Play games like Mario Kart, Spyro, Dragon Ball Z, Call of Duty, FIFA, GTA, and more with fantastic graphics and a smooth gaming experience.
HappyChick is free to download and use and, as well as having some games already included, and you also have the option of downloading ROMS from external sources too. However, be aware that, unless you own the physical copy of the game, ROMs are protected by copyright and are illegal to download – from here on, you proceed at your own risk.
How to Download HappyChick Emulator :
Apple, in particular, does not support the use of emulators on its iOS system and, while Android is more open, generally you would need to root your device first. However, with HappyChick, neither jailbreaking nor rooting is needed although you can still go ahead and do so if you wish. There are three ways to download the emulator app – two for iOS and one for Android; choose your method, and follow these steps.
Method 1: AppValley App Method
If you haven’t yet installed one of these 3rd party app installers, go ahead and do so now.
- After installing AppValley VIP app, open the app on your device
- Search for HappyChick
- Tap the result and install as you would any other iOS app or game.
Method 2: IPA Method
For those that don’t want to jailbreak, another method involves the use of Cydia Impactor and the HappyChick IPA file. You will need your computer for this:
- Download Cydia Impactor onto your computer and save it
- Download HappyChick IPA file, extract it and save it on your desktop
- Launch Cydia Impactor and connect your device
- Wait; when your iPhone or iPad has been detected, you can drag the IPA file into Cydia Impactor
- Type in your Apple ID and password in and wait
- When it’s finished, the emulator app icon is on your home screen
Before you can use it, you will need to fix one small error:
- Tap the icon, and an Untrusted Developer error message appears
- Open Settings > General
- Tap on Profiles and find the app profile – it will either be your Apple ID or Xiaoji Developers
- Tap the profile and tap Trust
- Tap Trust again and close settings
- HappyChick is now yours to use for free.
Method 3: Android 9 Pie
Installing HappyChick emulator on Android is easy enough to do, but you must make sure you follow these steps in the order written. You will be downloading the HappyChick apk file and installing it directly on your Android device:
- Open your Android settings app
- Tap on Security and then find the option for Unknown Sources
- Tap to enable it – if you do not do this, the apk file cannot be installed and used on your Android device
- Now download the HappyChick apk file on your device
- Open your Downloads folder and tap on the file
- The installation will start; when it’s done the HappyChick icon is on your home screen or in your Apps section – tap it to start using it.
HappyChick Emulator Features:
HappyChick is one of several emulator apps to be released without needing a jailbreak or a rooted device. Unlike some of the other apps, HappyChick is comprehensive and supports multiple consoles; it is proving to be incredibly popular, and these features tell you just why:
- Compatible with multiple platforms including iOS and Android
- Works perfectly on the Android Gamepad
- Full support for online multiplayer gaming
- Supports multiple consoles including PS, PSP, NES, SNES, FAB/MAME/MAMEPLUS, and many more
- Features the highest speed internet downloads of any emulator app
- One-click play – no need to change emulators for different consoles. Just click, and the game plays
- Full console integrations
- Cloud hosting for fast and easy game downloads
- Huge database of games
- Ability to add your own external ROMS
- Full LAN support enables multiplayer gaming without Wi-Fi for some games
- Multiple games format support
- Many different types and genre of games supported, suitable for all ages and all preferences
- Over 18 consoles supporting thousands of retro games
- Free to download and use on all platforms
- No need to jailbreak or root your device
- Many more cool features
There is no cost – HappyChick emulator app is entirely free to download and use on any platform, and there is no charge for any game either. The app supports the following games console formats:
- PS 1
- Arcade – CPS 1, CPS 2, CPS 3, IGS
- SFC (SNES)
- And many more
And by installing it you have free and easy access to thousands of fantastic console games of all different genres, all easily played on your iPhone, iPad or Android device. Now you can have those games whenever you want, wherever you want, so long as you have a decent connection to the internet – no more having to rely on a fixed console in a fixed place.
Try HappyChick emulator app today and see what you think. One thing is for certain; with thousands of games on offer, there is no chance of you getting bored or having nothing to play.