Human Growth Hormone, more commonly known by its acronym HGH, is an important part of the endocrine system that is responsible for muscle growth, fixing cells, promoting optimal metabolism, and a variety of other functions in the human body. Adequate levels are essential for good health. In most cases, our bodies produce the right amount. Sometimes, though, due to disease or advancing age, HGH levels can fall.
When HGH gets too low, negative health effects become noticeable. Low HGH levels trigger weight gain, fatigue, and, ultimately, disease if left untreated. Lifestyle and diet play huge roles in maintaining HGH levels – getting plenty of regular exercise, eating lots of good fats (fish, avocado, etc,) as well as nutritious vegetables, and getting regular sleep are great natural ways to boost HGH.
Sometimes, though, despite lifestyle modifications, HGH remains too low. In these cases, HGH therapy can be a great option. Under the care of a licensed professional provider, it is possible to safely raise your HGH levels with minimal chances of negative side effects. Always remember: you must seek HGH therapy from a skilled and experienced provider – never attempt HGH therapy on your own.
How Does HGH Work?
HGH is naturally produced in the pituitary gland. It is secreted into the blood in controlled amounts where it travels throughout the body, binding to appropriate cells and signaling important changes. Specifically, when HGH travels to the liver, it triggers the release of another important hormone called insulin-like growth factor 1, or IGF-1. Together, these hormones are responsible for the “building” of tissue in the body – hence their name and their activity of encouraging muscle growth.
Is HGH Safe to Use?
- One of the most common questions patients ask: is growth hormone safe? The answer is usually yes, but with some caveats. Here are the most important rules of thumb when it comes to safely using HGH: First, as we mentioned at the beginning, you should always seek care from a professional. Not only do they possess the knowledge to safely administer the hormone, but they also source their HGH from reliable sources that guarantee its purity. Unsafe HGH that contains harmful additives or dangerous chemicals have been found on the streets of the US, so don’t ever risk using your own HGH sourced from untrustworthy manufacturers. Second, as with anything in life, too much HGH is a bad thing. Your provider is trained to deliver the right amount, not more and not less.
- Third, avoid taking dubious oral HGH supplements. Marketers have cleverly designed HGH supplements taken by mouth, but they do not work properly because the stomach destroys their chemical makeup before they enter the bloodstream and go to work. Additionally, oral consumption of HGH may carry its own health risks.
- The only prescriptions that are currently available for HGH therapy are for patients who have diagnosed HGH deficiency. Strict regulations govern their use by medical providers.
- Certain health conditions may make HGH therapy unsafe for some patients. Examples include patients who are undergoing treatment for cancer. Responsible providers are trained to screen for these potential problems.
What are the Possible Side Effects of HGH?
Most of the negative side effects of HGH can be avoided by taking the right dose and proper health monitoring by a professional throughout the course of therapy. Recorded side effect include:
- Swelling (edema) because of fluid buildup in tissues
- Carpel tunnel syndrome
- Elevated Cholesterol
As with any medical procedure, the key is to monitor your health throughout the process to see how your body responds to therapy. Each individual exhibits a unique reaction to any medical treatment, so it’s difficult to know exactly how the treatment will affect you. Most people respond positively, with little or no side effects.
The Bottom Line
The expert providers at HGH replacement Clinic are available to assess your fitness for receiving GH therapy. If you are a good candidate, our healthcare professionals will safely guide you through the process to become the best version of yourself you can be – healthier, stronger, more energetic, and happier. Contact us today to get started on your HGH journey.