A two-time U.S. national champion, Nathan Chen recently won a bronze medal in the team figure skating event at the 2018 Winter Olympics. Currently, he is the only skater capable of landing five different quadruple jumps, including the Lutz, in competition. Want to learn more about the 18-year-old? If so, be sure to continue scrolling for we’ve got more cool facts down below.
Nathan Chen Personal Facts – 2022 Update
Competitive Figure Skater
Nathan Chen is the first skater to have landed five different types of quadruple jumps in competition. Not only is he the 2022 Olympic champion, but he’s also a three-time Grand Prix Final champion, six-time U.S. National champion, and three-time World champion. He’s also the first Asian American to have won a medal in the Olympic single skating event.
As of 2022, he holds the world record for the highest short program score of 113.97 and the highest free skate score of 218.63 for a total combined score of 332.67.
Age – How Old is He?
He is 22 years old
Birthday/Date of Birth
His birthday is on May 5, 1999
Place of Birth/Hometown
Nathan Chen was born and raised in Salt Lake City, Utah. Currently, he trains at Lakewood, California.
He is of Chinese descent
Nathan Chen Height, Weight & Body Facts
How Tall – Height in Feet
He is 5’5 1/2 tall
How Tall – Height in Meters
He is 1.66 meters tall
Weight in Pounds
His current weight is around 135 pounds
Weight in Kilograms
His current weight is around 61 kg
His body measurements are unavailable at this time
His waist size is not available
Information on his shoe size is unavailable
Is Nathan Chen Currently in a Relationship?
While there have been rumors, nothing has been confirmed as of now.
Nathan Chen’s Girlfriends
Nathan Chen dated Amber Glenn—a fellow figure skater and the U.S. national silver medalist—back in 2017. From the looks of it, however, they two are no longer together. It’s currently unknown whether or not he’s in a relationship in 2022.
The youngest of five children, he has two older sisters named Janice and Alice
The youngest of five children, he has two older brothers named Tony and Colin
No, Nathan Chen does not have any children
Nathan Chen attended three different high schools: World High School in Lake Arrowhead, West High School in Salt Lake City, and California Connections Academy in San Clemente.
Nathan Chen began studying at Yale University in the fall of 2018, majoring in Data Science and Statistics. He later took a leave of absence to train for the 2022 Winter Olympics.
For now, information on Nathan Chen’s salary is unavailable.
Unfortunately, we do not have Nathan Chen’s net worth at this time
When he isn’t skating, he enjoys photography or going out to the water
Sushi is one of his favorite foods
Emma Watson is his celebrity crush
Favorite TV Show
When he gets the chance to watch TV, he likes Parks and Recreation, How I Met Your Mother, and Scrubs
Favorite Music Artists
Eminem- he always listens to his music before a competition
In addition to figure skating, he enjoys going for long bike rides
Born on May 5, he is a Taurus
This information is currently unknown
This information is currently unknown
Nathan Chen’s Social Media Accounts & Usernames
Nathan Chen’s Instagram Username
Nathan Chen’s Facebook Account
Nathan Chen’s Youtube Channel
As far as we know, Nathan Chen does not have his own YouTube channel
Nathan Chen’s Twitter Username
Nathan Chen’s Snapchat Username
Nathan Chen’s Snapchat username is @Nathan_Chen
Other Interesting Facts:
- A first-generation Chinese American, both of his parents were born and raised in China
- When putting on his skates, he has the habit of putting on his left skate on first
- Despite being Chinese, his ability to speak the language is “not so good”; in his words, he can “speak a tiny, tiny bit, just to get around”
- He fell in love with skating after going to a public session with his siblings when he was three years old
- He initially wanted to play hockey; despite this, his mother bought him figure skates as she thought it would be easier for him to skate with
- After his first public skating session came to an end, he refused to leave the ice until his mom dragged him off
- As a child, he also took gymnastics and ballet lessons
- As a young boy, he was often self-conscious of being the only male skater in his skating classes
- According to an interview with Team USA, he’s “a bit jealous” of his classmates who get to be just regular teenagers