As most of us already know, Jurassic World will make its North American debut on June 12. The anticipated launch will be the first Jurassic Park movie in fourteen years and will be very unique because it is not a reboot. This won’t damage the storyline and will fit in nicely with the three previous films. Jurassic World takes place twenty two years after the first movie, which is right on the dot. The first Jurassic Park was released in 1993, that’s twenty years.
This one will be a little different from the three others though. The dream that they had in the first films is now a reality. Jurassic World is now an impressive dinosaur theme park that is now in the hands of Masrani Global Corporation. The park includes a biological preserve, a safari and a zoo.
If there are no surprise appearances from the old characters, Jurassic World will feature a bunch of new characters dealing with a dinosaur disaster that strikes the island of Isla Nublar. The article doesn’t end here, we have a list of confirmed characters and some other details about the upcoming film. Here is the cast:
- Owen Grady played by Chris Pratt: The famous actor will be the main character of the film. He is said to be part of the theme parks staff and has dedicated a lot of time into researching the behavior of velociraptors. In one of the trailers, you can see him running along some of them.
- Zach played by Nick Robinson and Gray played by Ty Simpkins: They had to add children to the film. Zach and Gray are related to one of the people in the staff and happen to be there when things go wrong. We can already guess that they’ll be spending their time trying to hide from the deadly dinosaurs chasing them.
- Claire Dearing played by Bryce Dallas Howard: She is an important member of the park. Claire is Jurassic World’s Operations Manager and seems to know the main character well.
- Vic Hoskins played by Vincent D’Onofrio: He is the head of security operations for InGen. Hoskins is the one in charge of keeping the visitors and staff safe, we already know that’s not going to happen.
- Simon Masrani played by Irrfan Khan: This is the man who turned the dream into a reality. Simon Masrani is the owner of Jurassic World and the CEO of the Masrani Corporation.
- Blue, Charlie, Delta & Echo: These are the names of Owen’s velociraptors. They’re not like the ones you see in the previous films trying to devour the characters. These four have been trained and follow his commands. Pretty cool right?
Other Cast Members
Jake Johnson co-stars in Jurassic World as Lowery Cruthers, the operator of the park; Omar Sy is playing a velociraptor tamer named Barry; B.D. Wong stars as Dr. Henry Wu, one of the men who helped Hammond resurrect the dinosaurs in the original Jurassic Park film; Brian Tee was cast as Katashi Hamada, the leader of the Asset Containment Unit security guards assigned to the island; Judy Greer plays Claire’s sister and the mother of Zach and Gray; Katie McGrath is Zara, Claire’s personal assistant; and Lauren Lapkus plays Vivian, an employee at the park.
The film has two other actors, Andy Buckley and James DuMont, who also have roles but the details on them have not been released.
Jurassic World hits U.S theaters on June 12.