In today’s society, it’s probably accurate to say that music plays a big role in our daily lives. Not only is it capable of improving mood, but studies have also shown that it can benefit one’s overall well-being. More specifically, it helps to reduce stress and lessen anxiety.
Over a century ago, music could only be enjoyed through records. Since then, technology has advanced tremendously- from portable cassette tape players to iPods, a number of new inventions have allowed us to enjoy our favorite tunes on the go. Today, most of us probably listen to music through our smart phones. In fact, there are many services out there such as Spotify, which offers its subscribers unlimited music streaming.
While some people prefer to blast their music through speakers (hopefully at home), most of us use earphones. As a matter of fact, more than 87% have admitted to listening to music through headphones, according to a 2017 survey conducted in the United States. With how popular they are, it’s not surprising to know that there are dozens of makers out there- for instance Beats, Sony, and Sennheiser, to name a few.
In-Ear Headphones vs Over-the-Ear Headphones
As you probably already know, there are a few different types of headphones- for example, ones that go inside your ear aka “in-ear headphones”, on your ears aka “on ear headphones”, and those that go over your ears aka “over-the-ear headphones.” Let’s have a brief look at each of them.
In-Ear Headphones Advantages
- Extremely portable due to their small size (i.e. their weight is most likely negligible)
- Can easily be stored by coiling up the wires (assuming that they have wires)
- Great for travellers due to its portability
- Sound quality can be just as good as over-the-ear headphones
On-Ear Headphones Advantages
- Tend to be more comfortable than in-ear and over-the-ear headphones
- Many models offer great noise cancellation
- Provides a more “open” sound (i.e. doesn’t block out the environment as much)
Over-the-Ear Headphones Advantages
- Provides a comfortable fit
- Often comes with advanced features such as hi-fidelity sound and noise cancellation
- Offers some of the best sound quality available (they’re used professionally by sound engineers after all)
As you can tell, they’re all solid buys as they all have their different advantages. On this page however, we will be focusing on in-ear headphones. Or more specifically, we will be taking a look at the Dodocool Touch-Sensitive Wireless In-Ear Earphones.
Founded in 2011, Dodocool is a consumer electronics brand that is based in Hong Kong. Aside from headphones, they also manufacture a variety of products such as smartphone and mobile accessories. Dedicated to customer satisfaction, every product is carefully tested, before being packaged and sold through retailers.
Dodocool Touch-sensitive Wireless In-Ear Earphones
Designed for an immersive listening experience, the Dodocool Touch-Sensitive Wireless Stereo In-Ear Headphones deliver clear sound with CVC 6.0 Noise Cancellation. Highly comfortable, it also comes with three interchangeable ear covers.
A Look at its Features
As its name implies, it comes with a touch-sensitive switch on the side that can easily be used to control media playback, as well as mobile functions (e.g. answer/end call) with one tap. For Google Assistant or Siri, simply touch and hold the touch-sensitive switch.
High Fidelity Sound
Complete with the latest 4.1 Microchip technology, the Dodocool In-Ear Headphones deliver stereo sound quality with minimal latency.
You can easily connect the headphones to your Bluetooth-enabled devices (e.g. tablets, smartphones, computers, etc.) from up to 33 feet away. If you’re using it with your mobile device, the battery level of the headphones will also be displayed on your screen.
Going for a run in the rain? No problem. Splash-resistant, the earphones have been tested under controlled conditions for a waterproof rating of IPX5.
Comfortable with a Secure Fit
Ergonomically designed, the earphones comes with soft, silicone ear hooks that are both comfortable, and practical at staying in place.
You can enjoy up to 8 hours of playtime with a single charge. To save power, the earphones will automatically shut off after five minutes of idle activity. A LED indicator on the side displays the charging and battery status.
Dodocool Touch-sensitive Wireless In-Ear Earphones: Specifications
Wireless Distance: Up to 10m
Battery Type: Built-in rechargeable lithium polymer battery
Battery Capacity: 120 may
Working Time: Up to 8 Hours
Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
Normal Power Rating: 3mW
Maximum Input Power: 20mW
Item Weight: 24 grams
Item Length (Including cable): 3.00ft
Dodocool Touch-sensitive Wireless In-Ear Earphones: Pros and Cons
Wondering whether or not you should get the Dodocool earphones? For your convenience, we’ve compiled a list of some of its advantages and disadvantages below- hopefully you’ll find it helpful!
Dodocool In-Ear Earphones Pros:
- Sound quality is top notch for its price
- Flexible ear piece easily stays in place even with movement
- Comes with a light and compact carrying case (can easily be fitted into a pocket)
- Headphones are magnetic which allows for you to wear it securely around your neck
- Calls from mobile phone come in loud and clear
- Good battery life considering its small size
- Comes with extra ear pieces
- Touch Sensitive switch is convenient and easy to use
Dodocool In-Ear Earphones Cons:
- Wireless connectivity could be better
- Bass can be very heavy (which can be a good thing, depending on how you like your music)
- They tend to protrude outside your ear (i.e. might not be compatible with tight-fitting hats)
- Noise cancellation while present, can be lacking at times
As you can see, they’re not perfect. Having said that, their many features makes it an attractive option for those who are looking for a pair of budget earphones.
What do Users Have To Say About the Earphones on Amazon?
Generally speaking, most users are satisfied with the Dodocool In-Ear Earphones. In fact, the product currently has a four star rating (from over 100 different reviews)- which is pretty reassuring.
What’s the general consensus among users that have bought the product from Amazon? What are some of the positive things that they’ve said about the earphones? Take a look below!
- Sound quality is high despite its small and lightweight design
- Magnetic design comes in extremely handy
- Great quality product for its price point
- The ear pieces are not only comfortable, but stay securely in place throughout the day
- Phone calls are loud, and easy to hear
- Built-in microphone works well for phone calls
- Good functional battery life (6-8 hours)
Aside from what we’ve mentioned above, another big thing that people have noted is Dodocool’s customer service. More specifically, several individuals had written that they received stellar customer service upon contacting the company for help with the product.
Like most products, there is bound to be negatives as well. Some of the ones that we saw from the reviews include:
- Bass can be overwhelming (which can be fatiguing for some)
- Ear pieces can take some adjusting before its fully comfortable
- Ear buds tend to stick out of your ear, which some people might not be fond of
- Connectivity could be better (tends to disconnect if the distance between the devices is too great)
From the Amazon reviews, the one major issue that many people have pointed out is the bass. While bass is often welcomed, too much can be overwhelming- as many have shared.
Dodocool Touch-Sensitive Wireless In-Ear Earphones vs Other Earphones
The main attraction of the Dodocool Touch-Sensitive In-Ear Earphones is its price. Click here to see the current price on Amazon. At this price point, how does it compare with some of the other more popular brands (e.g. Beats, Sennheiser, Sony, etc.)?
- Noise Cancelling is noticeably less in the Dodocool In-Ear Earphones
- Design is unique in that it tends to stick out of your ear
- Build quality while solid, is not as high as some of the more expensive brands
Dodocool Touch-Sensitive Wireless In-Ear Earphones Our Verdict
If you’re looking for something affordable that works, the Dodocool Touch-Sensitive In-Ear Earphones is it. Not only does it sell for less than <$30, but its features easily rivals that of some of the more expensive models.
Good bang for the buck, the headphones offer almost everything that most people need when it comes to listening to music- quality sound, media feedback control, and comfort. To add to that, the earphones can also be paired seamlessly to your smart phone/device.
Sure, they might not be as impressive as what you’d get from a pair of $100+ earphones, but for its price, they’re pretty darn good. Why not try it for yourself and see?
So, Should I Get the Dodocool Touch-Sensitive Wireless In-Ear Earphones?
If you’re on a budget or simply want to try a different brand of earphones, the Dodocool is a solid choice. Perfect for those who are wanting something affordable that will allow them to listen to music on the go, you’ll most likely find that they are worth the money.
Still on the fence about it? If so, perhaps consider asking yourself the following questions:
- Are you looking for something affordable, that offers quality sound?
- Are you into the concept of wireless earphones?
- Are you looking for something compact, that can easily be taken with you on the go?
If you’ve answered yes to most of the above questions, then chances are, the Dodocool Touch-Sensitive Earphones would work out for you.
Where Can I Buy the Dodocool Touch-Sensitive Wireless In-Ear Earphones?
Like most of Dodocool’s products, the touch-sensitive earphones are currently only available for purchase through Amazon. Though there are two colours available- only the black version is in stock at the time of this writing, . If you are an Amazon Prime member, you will also be eligible for free two day shipping.
As with most online purchases, this unfortunately means that you won’t be able to “try it out for yourself” at a store before purchasing the item. While that might be true though, Amazon does offer hassle-free refunds in the case that you’re not satisfied with the earphones (as you’re probably already aware of, assuming you’ve used Amazon before).