A long time ago I heard some very useful advice that I still remember to this day. I don’t remember where I heard it, but the point stuck with me for years. The advice was that you should never skimp on things that separate you from the ground – shoes, tires, beds, and such. The idea is that when you purchase these items you don’t try to cut corners. Over the following months and years, whether it’s in money, health or labor, you’ll reap the benefits of a well thought out purchase. It makes sense, right? Purchasing a DreamCloud Luxury Hybrid Mattress would fall under this advice and I’ll be reviewing one today.
About DreamCloud Mattresses
DreamCloud mattresses are by no means meant for people who want to skimp out on their mattresses. With the recent influx of online mattress companies, you may have gotten used to seeing offers and ads for all kinds of cheap “direct to consumer” mattresses. DreamCloud is different. While they definitely aren’t the most expensive mattresses in the world (looking at you traditional mattresses,) they aren’t shy about being a luxury product either. With that in mind, let’s get into this review!
Who is the company behind the product?
I start all my reviews by learning who is making the product and the background of those companies. In this case, I went DreamCloud’s website to do a little research. Off the bat you can tell this isn’t another “import and sell it” type of company. First off, the website was obviously built by a professional team. NOTE: It’s 2018 – if you don’t have a proper website, I’m not interested in your stuff! If you can’t at least invest in a quality online presence where else are you cutting corners? With dedicated fans online and online/phone support available 7 days a week, you get the impression this is a strong brand right off the bat.
About The DreamCloud Full-Size Mattress
DreamCloud offers mattresses in all the standard sizes. So while do I talk about the full-size one in this article (which I got to review), it really applies to all of their products. Onto the mattress itself!
This one is a game changer, I’m telling you. Even if you know a thing or two about mattresses, you’ll be positively surprised. If this is your first venture into this world, prepare to be amazed.
Let’s break it down!
Construction / Build
The DreamCloud mattress has 8 layers. Eight. Layers. Let that sink in for a bit. Let’s go over what they consist of:
1) TRUETUFTED CASHMERE BLEND – On the top layer is the cashmere blended cover which has a few nice features. It not only provides a super soft surface it’s also extremely breathable and makes it virtually impossible for bed bugs to infest your mattress. If you’ve ever had bed bugs, trust me, this alone is likely causing you to stop reading and make an order for three of these.
2) MEMORY FOAM (GEL INFUSED) – This layer adds a nice support layer to the mattress that makes it comfortable whether you prefer soft or firm mattresses. Additionally, it works in synergy with the cashmere blended top layer to provide great cooling throughout.
3) MEMORY FOAM (QUILTED) – Another layer of soft yet supportive memory foam. Whoever said they wanted less premium memory foam?
4) LATEX LAYER – Why Latex? Latex adds yet another layer of cushion and contouring with all natural materials.
5) SUPPORTING MEMORY FOAM – More Memory Foam? Yep! The high-density memory foam adds another layer of deep contouring support.
6) DENSE & SOFT MEMORY FOAM – Now that we are getting lower we can go even denser with the memory foam for support. This helps keep everything in your body aligned and support throughout an entire night of sleep.
7) “BESTREST” COILS – These aren’t your standard coil springs. This layer consists of a 5 zone, foam encased, pocketed micro-coil compression system. That’s a mouthful. These coils are part of the secret sauce that sets this mattress apart from other memory foam mattresses. Seriously, they even have a patent pending on this specific layer. Check out the video below to see how they react to weight:
8) HIGH DENSITY SUPER SOFT MEMORY FOAM – Last but not least we finish it off with some more memory foam. More high-density foam provides the perfect amount of cradling and support for your body. In the end, they put it perfectly themselves: the layering is backed by science and crafted by hand. When it comes to comfort, this seems like a perfect formula, at least from what I’ve experienced.
Of course, so many layers means that the mattress itself is very large. It sits at 15” tall. That said, you are looking for something premium and luxurious right? If you’re well versed in “high end” mattresses, the aesthetic of the DreamCloud will seem spot on.
When it comes to its build, I can’t think of a single complaint I might have with the DreamCloud. Speaking of the build, the exact measurements of the full-sized mattress are 54” x 75” x 15” (88lbs).
The sizes of all the varieties are as follows:
FULL – 54” x 75” x 15” (88 lbs)
QUEEN – 60” x 80” x 15” (94 lbs)
KING – 76” x 80” x 15” (109 lbs)
CALIFORNIA KING – 72” x 84” x 15” (109 lbs)
While inspecting the mattress I noticed no frayed edges, poor stitching, or honestly any design flaws. It’s apparent the mattresses are not only well designed, but meticulously inspected before they reach the consumer.
I did partially cover this in the previous section, but I feel that it wasn’t quite enough. As mentioned, the mattress was perfectly designed to provide you with the perfect sleeping experience. I can assure you that it fulfills its promise.
If I had to use one word to describe it, I’d have to go with ‘outstanding’. Oddly enough, it seemed both myself and my significant other loved the mattress, which is odd since I tend to prefer a softer mattress while she generally likes a firmer build. My guess is this is due to the memory foam layers positioned on top of the coils.
This allows you to have the soft feel however when you sink in “too far” you have the support of the coils to help you maintain that feeling of support. Either way, this is the best feature in my book! Happy wife, happy life.
Luxury mattresses like this one often cost up to (and in some cases over) $5,000. I’ll go out on a limb and say in a blind test you would be hard pressed to tell the difference between the DreamCloud and any $5000+ mattress you can find in a brick and mortar store. The tufting alone makes it look/feel like a top end product. So while it isn’t the cheapest “memory foam mattress” on the market, it is a great value for the class it’s in. The current price of the full-sized mattress is $1,399. The full price list is as follows:
California King: $1699
For a limited time, they are offering $200 off which you can activate by clicking here and using the code SHOP200 so these prices will drop to:
California King: $1499
Now I get that not everyone can afford a >$1k mattress, but if you decide to follow the advice from the beginning of the article about not skimping out on mattresses (or shoes and tires) this is about as good as you are going to be able to do. It won’t set you back too much when you consider you’ll spend a third of your life on it (if you sleep for 8 hours a night!)
Warranty / Customer Service
I just gave you a little hint a few sentences above – can you figure it out?
I said that this is a product you will buy and enjoy for the rest of your life, and I wasn’t pulling that from my behind. The company actually offers a lifetime guarantee. The mattress is built to sustain heavy use, so if you somehow manage to break it, you’re getting a new one at no cost. So let’s say you are 30 years old and plan to live to be roughly 80. You are looking at a couple dollars a month or less than a dime a day. I’ll pay 7 or 8 cents for a good night’s sleep!
Other than the absurdly good guarantee, you also have a 365 day return period. You get to try it out for a year, in case you don’t like it, you get your money refunded. Simple & customer friendly, the way things are supposed to be. None of that sleep on it for 90 days and then return it before 120 days are up non-sense.
Another unusually positive thing about this company is that they have a 7 day a week support (e-mail, chat or phone). All of this beats most of the competition when it comes to warranties and after-purchase service. Combine that fact with the fact that the shipping is free, and I’m once again left looking for a better alternative at the price point.
DreamCloud Mattress Review Conclusion
We’ve reviewed a lot of mattresses at Gazette Review and this one really stands out. If you are in the market for a new mattress and want one that’s neither too hard or too soft, comes with an amazing warranty, and has premium features that are usually unheard of in this space I highly suggest you pull the trigger on this one.
If you want one of the best products and are willing to spend a little more the DreamCloud mattress is in a league of its own. This mattress gets a huge seal of approval from me, and I honestly can’t think of anything other than price that could be a deterrent. And like I mentioned, even on price, this is comparable to in-store brands that can be more than $5,000! So even on price you’re coming out ahead. If you check out some of my other reviews you’ll see this is rare haha. That alone speaks for itself.
Current Discount and Coupon